Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AMEX use the EXP08 model ?

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Does AMEX use the EXP08 model ?

Does American Express use the new EXP 08 model for credit card  applications or their own  internal scoring method?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does AMEX use the EXP08 model ?

I think it depends on the individual. I had them sent me internal scores and actual fico's as well.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Does American Express use the new EXP 08 model for credit card  applications or their own  internal scoring method?

They pull scores from EX but not sure which model...then they factor their own internal algorithm to the mix to come up with approved or denied Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

i thought they used internal scoring system based off of ex 08 but i could be wrong 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

They pull scores from EX but not sure which model...then they factor their own internal algorithm to the mix to come up with approved or denied Smiley Sad

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

Thanks

WelcomeSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

They use information from your Experian report in addition to any internal information they have to determine credit approval, however they will provide you with an EX08 FICO in an AA letter.

Message 7 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:

They use information from your Experian report in addition to any internal information they have to determine credit approval, however they will provide you with an EX08 FICO in an AA letter.

They sent me my EX 08 FICO in my Surpass approval letter. I had purchased it from here about 20 minutes earlier.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.