Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AU on amex make you a "member since?"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does AU on amex make you a "member since?"

Have a buddy who asked me this question.

He is an AU on his father's account.  His father has had the account for 20 years.  If he applies, since he is an AU, will amex report his account with member since based upon his father's account?

I had no idea, so I pose the question here for those of you with Amex experience.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Grape
Regular Contributor

Re: Does AU on amex make you a "member since?"

Great question..have been an AU on my parents AMEX for almost 21 years (currently shows as my longest revolving acct on my CR), and would be interested in this answer as well.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a buddy who asked me this question.

He is an AU on his father's account.  His father has had the account for 20 years.  If he applies, since he is an AU, will amex report his account with member since based upon his father's account?

I am assuming the AU has already called and inquired, but they gave him some scripted answer.

I'll take a stab at your question, because I've been thru a similar circumstance although not exact.

I've assumed responsibility (hard pull) for an account and the member since date remained with the account. Not sure if it would be the same in this situation though since his father is still (I am assuming) using the account. But, if his Dad opened a new account and then the AU assumed responsibilty it should work.

The issue here is that the AU was never legally responsible for the account so the "member since" would not apply to him. If it had been a joint account, totally different scenario.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 07-07-2009 05:57 PM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 4 of 5
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Varies.  Some have applied for a card and got an old member date because they were once an AU on a parent card or an old corportate card that they forgot about.  Others had cards in their name and amex can't find them.  So you have a chance.  Others have reported success.   Others, not so much. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.