Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex email when card is sent?

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Does Amex email when card is sent?

I'm expecting five new cards in the next week or so, I have received emails from Chase/Cap1/Barclays that the cards have been mailed, but I haven't received an email from Amex about the two I'm expecting from them. I applied for those two first, so I figured I'd have the emails by now. Just curious if Amex notifies you or not.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex email when card is sent?

They didn't email me for my two

Message 2 of 12
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Okay, I guess I won't be expecting emails then. Thanks.

Doesn't matter I guess, not planning on using them right away anyway.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

Okay, I guess I won't be expecting emails then. Thanks.

Doesn't matter I guess, not planning on using them right away anyway.

Did you register your cards when you got your approval email?

Message 4 of 12
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

With the Everyday card I went through the process of getting my card number immediately instead of waiting for the card to arrive, is that what you mean by register? My BCE card I wasn't given that option, but I do have my online account set up with both cards showing under my account.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

With the Everyday card I went through the process of getting my card number immediately instead of waiting for the card to arrive, is that what you mean by register? My BCE card I wasn't given that option, but I do have my online account set up with both cards showing under my account.

If your account shows both cards you're good to go.  You won't have to wait too long for the cards.  They mail them out fairly quickly.

Message 6 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

AMEX is pretty quick at card delivery... they should be there anytime. (3 days for mine)

mail.gif

Message 7 of 12
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Just had a live chat with Amex, the cards were mailed out on Monday (24th), so maybe I'll have them by Saturday.

Message 8 of 12
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

I'm expecting five new cards in the next week or so, I have received emails from Chase/Cap1/Barclays that the cards have been mailed, but I haven't received an email from Amex about the two I'm expecting from them. I applied for those two first, so I figured I'd have the emails by now. Just curious if Amex notifies you or not.

I did get emails when they shipped my cards.

You won't get emails if you did not Opt-in of communicatiing via email from AMEX

Message 9 of 12
Goblin
Regular Contributor

Seems like it was resolved.  I was going to suggest live chat or phoning a CSR to ask the status of the cards.  My AmEx and AU's were all delivered within 3 days.

Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.