Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does An Invitation mean Pre Approved?

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Does An Invitation mean Pre Approved?

I have an invitation code to apply for the Citi Dividend card with 0% for 18 months and was wondering was it a pre approval or just an invitation to apply?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Re: Does An Invitation mean Pre Approved?

Nope, it is not a pre-approval. Unless it specifically states that its pre-approved offer of credit then its just an invitation, and even then there is no guarantee you will be approved.

Message 2 of 6
abercrombie9701
Established Member

I started getting these Invitiations sinceI started rebiulding my credit.The last one was for HSBC. I applied and got a $400 limit. My only other card is a $250 sercured card from Cap One

Message 3 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:
I have an invitation code to apply for the Citi Dividend card with 0% for 18 months and was wondering was it a pre approval or just an invitation to apply?

They are essentially the same.    Preapproval means "before approval" so it is essential an invitaion to apply.

Message 4 of 6
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@plasticguy wrote:

They are essentially the same.    Preapproval means "before approval" so it is essential an invitaion to apply.

Not entirely. It depends on the bank's interpretation of the two terms.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 5 of 6
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info, I asked CS did they know I was already a cardholder with one personal and one business and was told no, so that tells me they did not do a soft pull before sending me the application.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.