Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bank of America Product Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Bank of America Product Change?

Does Bank of America product change? If so, will they change to one of their airline cards? I would like to product change one of my BofA cards, if possible. Thanks in advance. I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Bank of America Product Change?

Good question. I have a 321 cash back card but don't want it anymore. Rather have an airline card.
Message 2 of 30
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Not sure if this will help, but I just PC'ed my BoA travel rewards card to a cash rewards card through the chat option online and received the cash card yesterday, whole thing took about two weeks. First they check to see if you account has the option, if so they ask you to use up your rewards first as they do not "swap" over to the new card. NO credit report pull on this for me....NOT sure and I kind of doubt if they will do this for a co-branded card BUT use online chat when available or call and ask....pretty painless for me....good luck!!

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

Not sure if this will help, but I just PC'ed my BoA travel rewards card to a cash rewards card through the chat option online and received the cash card yesterday, whole thing took about two weeks. First they check to see if you account has the option, if so they ask you to use up your rewards first as they do not "swap" over to the new card. NO credit report pull on this for me....NOT sure and I kind of doubt if they will do this for a co-branded card BUT use online chat when available or call and ask....pretty painless for me....good luck!!

Thanks for your input, odd_dog.

Message 4 of 30
newhis
Valued Contributor

I think PC between Travel and Cash is not a problem. They don't want PC to BBR anymore. I don't know if you can PC to other products (like airline card). Good luck.

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC between Cash Rewards and Travel Rewards is possible.

BoA will not let you PC to any partner cards (i.e., Alaska Airlines, Amtrak, etc.). Believe me, i wish they did. I've talked to members of management multiple times at BoA and asked to PC my Cash Rewards to Alaska Airlines, and they simply will not do it. They say it is not possible due to partner agreements and fees. There has been one person who has gotten around the system, but BoA is really pretty adamant about not doing this.

Best thing to do is apply directly for the airline card of theirs that you are interested in, and if they deny the card, ask to move your limit from your current card for them to open that card. Good luck ML. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC yes.

PC to Cobrand? No.

PC to BBR?  As long as hearing the word "No" is ok for you as well as HUCA and not escalating to any manager, Godspeed.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the information, everyone!

Message 8 of 30
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Bank of America does do product changes but they are limited to their core products excluding the Better Balance Rewards. None of the partner cards are allows to be PC'd to or from. The core products that support a PC are the Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, and Secured cards.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 30
happypill
Valued Contributor

I guess I must have gotten pretty lucky.  I have a card that started off as a secured card, unsecured a while back and about 2 months ago I called in and got them to PC to a BBR.  No change in credit limit (that would have required a HP which I declined).  Doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.