cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bank of America allow Converting on there credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Bank of America allow Converting on there credit cards?

I want to covert to another card they have available.... Do you think they would allow it to happen?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Bank of America allow Converting on there credit cards?

BofA will do product changes, but some accounts may not be eligible for it. Best thing to do is call and ask. Good luck.
Message 2 of 9
laboi_22
Established Contributor

And whatever you do if they allow a product change, make sure to cash in any rewards already accumulated before you put in your PC request. You will start from 0 with the new card as far as rewards are concerned.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 9
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

I PC from the Power rewards VISA to the accelerated reward AMEX. Took about a month. NOTE - the first time I called I was told that I could only change from VISA to another MC or VISA product. I read on this forum peoples experience with BoA PC and apparently what you can change into is dependent upon who you speak to. I called back a few days later and the csr said no problem. Go Figure!!  So if you call and are told you can't do the PC you want, I would surely call back the next day, get a different rep on the phone and ask. Also, last poster is right. REDEEM YOUR REWARDS BEFORE PC. As a matter of fact the CSR suggested I redeem them before he did the change on the phone. So he offered to cash in the rewards and deposit the check into my checking account. (I bank at BoA also) The deposit showed the next day. Only bad thing with the PC is it takes forever. Took 4 weeks for the new account to show online and another 7 days from then to get the new card in the mail.

Message 4 of 9
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
BofA will do product changes, but some accounts may not be eligible for it. Best thing to do is call and ask. Good luck.

You can also initiate an onlne chat session with them and ask what your options are to convert the card to. They can even do it then. Good Luck OP.

Message 5 of 9
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I PCed with Bank of America from a BankAmericard Visa to an Accelerated AmEx and got the card within about two weeks. It showed up online as a B of A AmEx about two days before I got the card. 

Very simply. Called in, and analyst was more than happy to assist me. 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JMN wrote:

I PCed with Bank of America from a BankAmericard Visa to an Accelerated AmEx and got the card within about two weeks. It showed up online as a B of A AmEx about two days before I got the card. 

Very simply. Called in, and analyst was more than happy to assist me. 

Ooooooh!!!  What open date showed on your BofA AmEx?

Message 7 of 9
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I PC'd from a Plat Plus Visa a few years ago to a Accelerated Amex (points version) - It was supposed to be a conversion to the Accelerated cash version. They did drop the AF from the Plat plus so I just left it alone... Last month I decided to PC to the accelerated cash version - It took about three weeks, however (even though I called in a few times during the process to make sure it was going to be the right card) they ended up changing it to the 1-2-3 BankAmericard Visa cash card. I called in the day it was converting over, it took three calls (2 sorry nothing we can do) - The last call the CSR said no problem - we'll get it converted to the Accelerated cash Amex. I called the backdoor a few days later and they said it looks as if the conversion is for the correct card this time. I'll know in a few weeks.
Message 8 of 9
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Do co-branded AMEX's backdate? or at least retain the same open date? anyone know?  I thought with a PC you should at least get to keep your history?

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.