Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bank of America blacklist?

tag
oracleicom
Valued Member

Does Bank of America blacklist?

Hello all, I've tried getting a boa cc a couple of times now without success.  My scores are as follows TU 647, EQ 637, EX 636.  I can't even seem to get the 99/500 cc Smiley Sad

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Bank of America blacklist?

That's odd. I was instantly approved for a 99/500 card and my EQ,TU in the high 500's EX in low 600's. So I would imagine that since your scores are higher than mine, by a decent bit too, that you should have been approved as well. I'd maybe call or email for a reconsideration...
Message 2 of 11
oracleicom
Valued Member

Savings321 wrote:
That's odd. I was instantly approved for a 99/500 card and my EQ,TU in the high 500's EX in low 600's. So I would imagine that since your scores are higher than mine, by a decent bit too, that you should have been approved as well. I'd maybe call or email for a reconsideration...

Where did you apply for the card??? Do you have a link to the app?? Because when I went to the pre-approval link I thought I would have at least got offered the 99/500...but I was only offered the secured card (which you have to deposit upwards of 300).  Thanks in advance
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 11
oracleicom
Valued Member

That's the link that I used and I was only offered the Secured Card.  It asked for a deposit upwards of $300.  Would it say 99/500??
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also offered boa secured card. I just got it. How long I should wait and call them to change it to unsecured credit card?
Thanks

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess it ain't just me. I too only got offered secured.

Either it ain't working, or it only works during business hours, or it's working and we're just on their S***-List.
Message 7 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

oracleicom wrote:
Hello all, I've tried getting a boa cc a couple of times now without success.  My scores are as follows TU 647, EQ 637, EX 636.  I can't even seem to get the 99/500 cc Smiley Sad

Any suggestions?

Thanks

So did you have an account with them that you defaulted on?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have to actually apply and be denied. Sacrifice the Hard Inq to get the 99/500 offer. That's my understanding anyway. I talked to one of the BoA intant chatting ppl and that's what she told me anyway. That you have to apply and be denied. No account with them is necessary, but there is no special link or page for the card. I don't believe you can be pre-approved for it either. If it's worht it for you, like it was for me. Take the Inq hit and you should be offered the 99/500 card. Good Luck!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America is weird.  I have their card and I am not happy withthem.  Their customer service sucks!

You can select credit cards and such for pre-approval codes.  It's online and free and you don't get a hard inquire!  That way you can check to see if you qualify for any othe their cards. 

You can also do this with speigel.com.. Select your account, then look for pre approval codes.  It's a easy way to see if your scores are high enough for credit approval. 

I am looking for other companies I can do the same thing with. Let me see if I am approved without running my credit.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.