Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Cap1 allow reinstating cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cap1 allow reinstating cards?

The Savor card was just improved and I closed mine yesterday. Can I get it reinstated for the amped rewards?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Cap1 allow reinstating cards?

I doubt it but it never hurts to ask, let us know what happens.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I contacted Cap1 via Twitter, and they gave me a number to call. After getting a rep, they are processing the request via a manager, and the rep said they feel it could go either way, but she felt positive it would be reopened. I'll keep you updated.

Message 3 of 17
delaney1
Established Contributor

I hope you get it!

Message 4 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Only bank I know of from postings on here that allow reinstatement is BofA. Recall a user that was able to reinstate their closed account on the condition they do a HP on his credit beforehand. Your DP would be really useful if it gets reinstated.

Message 5 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, in a variety of cases for Capital One reinstatements, as long as the closure was within 30 days (or less) and the account was in good standing, then it was doable.

Some reported HP while others were reopened with w/o a pull. But, this was when there was more system "flexibility" and CSRs or supervisors that were empowered to do so. Hopefully, the outcome is positive.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to Doctor of Credit, almost all banks allow it under 30 days. With Capital One and Discover being outliers. And US Bank and Wells Fargo being unknowns.

@simplynoir wrote:

Only bank I know of from postings on here that allow reinstatement is BofA. Recall a user that was able to reinstate their closed account on the condition they do a HP on his credit beforehand. Your DP would be really useful if it gets reinstated.

Message 7 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Good Luck!

Let us know!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do get it, make certain they restore the old card then grandfather into no A/F, don't let them pull a new card with A/F without SUB. Good luck.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on the grandfathered card. If not, I will recancel the card if they won't waive the fee for the lifetime of the card.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.