Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Cap1 allow reinstating cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Cap1 allow reinstating cards?

Great news, got a call today. They reopened the account. I get the 4% version of the card and get to have no AF forever. Only thing keeping my Uber card from getting dropped is no card I have gives 3% on travel. If I foresee $3000 in spend in the future (ideally in travel), or the spend requirement comes down, I may get the Wells Fargo Propel card and close my Uber card.

Message 11 of 17
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great news, got a call today. They reopened the account. I get the 4% version of the card and get to have no AF forever. Only thing keeping my Uber card from getting dropped is no card I have gives 3% on travel. If I foresee $3000 in spend in the future (ideally in travel), or the spend requirement comes down, I may get the Wells Fargo Propel card and close my Uber card.

Awesome! Is this a MasterCard or Visa Savor?

Message 12 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the DP and updating your outcome OP.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! Is this a MasterCard or Visa Savor?

I believe a Mastercard.

Message 14 of 17
pip3man
Valued Contributor

At Capital One accounts closed at a consumer’s request and was in good standing are eligible to be reopened. However in cases where it was closed arising from external information on the credit report and or bank initiated actions due to account handling, those are generally not eligible for reopening. When a closed account is requested to be reopened, a case is initiated that goes into a work queue where a supervisor looks over everything, if the originally closure reasons falls under eligible guidelines the account will be reopened, otherwise it remains permanently closed. Turnaround takes generally up to five days...

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

still waiting on that supposed conversion to 4% here you claimed we would all get
Message 16 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Lets all remember to be FSR to one another, its not done any other way here. Thanks.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.