Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Cap1 report AU's to CRA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cap1 report AU's to CRA's?

Like the subject says, does anyone know if Capital One reports authorized users to the credit agencies? She was added in with her SSN and all the other info, so they should be able to report if it's in their policy. I'm kind of fed up with dealing with Cap1's customer service right now, so I was hoping someone here might know so I don't have to deal with their reps on the phone again just yet.

I know one way to find out would be to pull their credit report, but since the AU in this case is my teen sister-in-law (yeah, I know, teen girl + credit card = bad idea), I don't really expect any credit reports to be pulled for her any time soon.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Cap1 report AU's to CRA's?

When you go to the "adding an au" section of their website, it clearly states that they do report. While I haven't added an AU yet, I have to assume that they do.

Message 2 of 5
daylove
Regular Contributor

yes they do report

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh, so it does, once you get to the right page!

"credit data is still reported to the credit bureaus on the authorized user "

I was just looking at the actual authorized users list and it didn't say anything there, didn't even think of clicking the button to add another user to review the terms and conditions. I'll blame me not remembering the TOC on it being over half a year since I looked at that form.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. It's always good to see the information posted by the actual company instead of just taking Joe Blow's word for it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.