cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CapOne always do a 3 credit bureau pull?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does CapOne always do a 3 credit bureau pull?

@lg8302ch wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I see Cap1 Triple pulls as a dog peeing on a pole... Marking their territory Smiley Happy..  I do honestly see the purpose of it, but when someone gets declined then has to do another triple pull for a secured I feel bad for them...  They are hurting that person in the short term due to the pulls and sticking them with Cap1's, subprime for longer...  Just my 2 cents.  Cap1 is a love hate relationship.. They are a decent rebuilder..  Lets face it though anyone that doesn't think they aren't mainly a sub-prime lender is smoking some stuff I want.  So it is something they do, but I will NEVER allow a triple pull from Cap1 again.   Live and learn

Right, but as we have recently seen, sometimes they give $50K credit lines. 

If you have a tihick file, and aren't churning or apping much, a triple pull isn't such a big deal.

+1 especially when all CLI requests after are only SPs.  For me Chase is a whole lot worse with their double pull manner for everything and nobody complains about Chase double pulls ?  My Cap1 pulls are gone but my Chase pulls are filling EX and EQ exclusively Smiley Happy  ..just hope they never turn me down for too many inquiries as they are now all from them on EX and EQ....ha ha.

Only problem with this is they use 3-5 month old SP's..  Which are basically useless to most of us that are with Cap1..  Lets face it, most of this forum has Cap1 as rebuilder cards and got started as sub-prime cards, with obviously some exceptions such are youreslf and a few others that are normals here on this forum.. For the rest of us that have had the card for years, they treat us pretty much as still sub-prime, but alot of us are becoming or are "prime" now.  Anyways, sp's from 3-5 months back serve no purpose for a SP CLI.  just my experience and some others as well.

Glad some are seeing some luv by the luv buttons these holidays, all I ever see is 2-3 message with credit pulls from 3-5 months old (they are dated)

Message 81 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.