Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital One Blacklist??

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Does Capital One Blacklist??

I don't have a Cap One card, but i did, many years ago...the TL is long gone and debt was satisfied. I am wondering if they give second chances...yes, i've search for this, but the information is old.

Does anyone know?

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Does Capital One Blacklist??

Yes, Capital One is the king of redemptions!! When other banks closed my accounts in 2003-2004, they and Target let me keep my same accounts open. 
Message 2 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks DI....

OK so now that I got my car loan...I want at least one more visa. I pulled my scores and they are: TU FIco 693 and EQ Fico is 683

I got rejected for a bloomies store card, same day approval on MB auto loan. Go figure. I make enough....

Message 3 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

Thanks DI....

OK so now that I got my car loan...I want at least one more visa. I pulled my scores and they are: TU FIco 693 and EQ Fico is 683

I got rejected for a bloomies store card, same day approval on MB auto loan. Go figure. I make enough....

I'm not sure what card to recommend with your scores.  You don't want to get stucked with a dead end Capital One rebuilder card that doesn't offer CLI's.  

Message 4 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hi Di, i have no plans on using it...just SD it....for the TL. I just applied but got the 7-10 day message..FA's you know.

they softed me and were not suppose to...as I have opted out....

Message 5 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

Hi Di, i have no plans on using it...just SD it....for the TL. I just applied but got the 7-10 day message..FA's you know.

they softed me and were not suppose to...as I have opted out....

Good luck on your approval.  If you have no baddies on your reports, recon if you get denied. 

Message 6 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I guess I'd have to ask if you actually need a card. As in, immediately.

Otherwise, I'd let everything sit for another six months minimum, allowing the new account sting from the car (congrats!) to end. In the meantime, you can be evaluating the cards you have, looking at what they do for you and what they don't, and see what extra perks you might want to pick up.

The CCC's are rewriting their rewards programs (hourly, it seems), and IMO, the smart thing to do is just to hold off and see what's left standing after the dust settles. I was so excited when Chase PC'd my Borders card to a Freedom, and so far, the Freedom is a complete dud.

I'll be interested to see what cards are genuinely rewards cards come this February. Smiley Indifferent
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hi Hauling, Thanks - that is great advice. No, I don't need credit right now. I just wanted to build more positive TL's...I will take your advice..I've accomplished my short term goal, which was getting approved on my own, for the car I wanted. Now I just have to let things age, garden I guess....

Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, welcome to the boring calm stage of credit improvement. It can be an adjustment after the rocking and rolling phase, that's for sure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

Thanks DI....

WHAT??? You got rejected for a Bloomingdale's store card with your scores????? My scores were way lower across the board when they gave me a card. Though, they did give me a lousy $100 credit limit which is easily used up by ordering a pair of socks from that expensive store and having it shipped via regular/standard shipping.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.