Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital One counter-offer cards?

tag
myfreshstart27
Established Member

Does Capital One counter-offer cards?

I'm not looking to apply now but in the near future I want to have all my ducks in a row.

So, I'm wondering if Capital one does a counter-offer on credit cards when you apply? For example, if I applied for the Quicksilver and was denied would they counter-offer with a platinum or secured card or do you have to only apply for the card(s) that you want with multiple applications. Thanks in advance, this board is always so helpful!

age: 24 | status: rebuilding mode | short term goal: 650 | long term goal: 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Capital One counter-offer cards?

Nope, every card is it's own app

@myfreshstart27 wrote:

I'm not looking to apply now but in the near future I want to have all my ducks in a row.

So, I'm wondering if Capital one does a counter-offer on credit cards when you apply? For example, if I applied for the Quicksilver and was denied would they counter-offer with a platinum or secured card or do you have to only apply for the card(s) that you want with multiple applications. Thanks in advance, this board is always so helpful!

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Robot wink
@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@myfreshstart27 wrote:

+1

Sorry OP - no counteroffer from Capital One.  Hence, choose wisely! 

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Robot wink
@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@myfreshstart27 wrote:

+1

Sorry OP - no counteroffer from Capital One.  Hence, choose wisely! 

+2 I wish they did counter but sadly they don't 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Capital one can be a strange beast sometimes..As just in the past year I've went from having 0 credit with them.and now a year later 33K with them. All prime cards that they offer ,I had to go thur the EO every time,As I was always auto declined when I applyed..If you have great credit and a long file.They will give you there best cards and their best rates

Message 5 of 6
myfreshstart27
Established Member

@sandman2435 wrote:

Capital one can be a strange beast sometimes..As just in the past year I've went from having 0 credit with them.and now a year later 33K with them. All prime cards that they offer ,I had to go thur the EO every time,As I was always auto declined when I applyed..If you have great credit and a long file.They will give you there best cards and their best rates

That's pretty awesome. I've read a lot on this board about how CapOne isn't a good company to grow with, but there's exceptions to the rules and you prove that!

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll probably just wait for a preapproval for them rather than waste an app on a card I might not get and cannot get a counter-offer for!

age: 24 | status: rebuilding mode | short term goal: 650 | long term goal: 800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.