Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Capone

Do a HP for a credit line increase ? I’ve had the venture one since last year (September) & have not asked for a CLI ? Should I? Will they do a HP? If not how much do people usually ask for ? Not 3x like Amex? Thank you!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Capone

They will warn you and ask you to verify prior to a hard pull.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

CLI requests are SP.  You can request for what you are comfortable with.  Are you using the card moderately?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

CLI requests are SP.  You can request for what you are comfortable with.  Are you using the card moderately?

It is one of my most used cards , big balances too .. ones i pay off ofcourse

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

So , before i accept itll tell me if it is SP or HP?

Message 5 of 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

So , before i accept itll tell me if it is SP or HP?

Not exactly. They will tell you if they need to do a hard pull, and request permission.

CapOne is softpulling you all the time from all three. They have what they need to make a decision.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well , I did a request , didn’t get an immediate answer . They told me they would email me , so kinda nervous.

I think I might’ve requested way too much lol
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately that's usually a denial, sorry OP. Cap1 is not known to bee the easiest with CLIs. As far as I know you can continue trying every couple weeks if you want (I try every 30 days... nothing), and when you're approved you can ask for another in 6 months.

Let us know what the letter says when you get it.
Message 8 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, it's always a soft pull with Capital One, although the soft pull is likely the one used for your last account review. Customer service reps can tell you when your last account review was and when your next one will be. The score used is most likely the classic Equifax FICO 5 (FICO 04), which is the same score used for mortgage lending.

How much have you spent on the card each of the past three or four months? And what's your current limit? Unless your score is low or unless something bad sticks out on your report, spending is the number one consideration for granting Captial One CLIs.

Don't worry too much about the amount of your request. Put in a number you're comfortable with, and don't worry about it potentially leaving money on the table. Since Capital One started asking customers to request a specific amount, I've received two CLIs. In both cases, Capital One offered more than I requested.

As mentioned, no clock is reset if you're denied. You can request again tomorrow. But I think the more practical thing would be to request again in a month or so.

Message 9 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Requests are SP. Obviously there are no guarantees, but I don’t hear much of HP CLIs from Al CapOne. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.