Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Blacklists?

tag
h4ldol
Contributor

Re: Does Chase Blacklists?

If the blacklisting is only for CO that were never eventually fully paid, then that doesn't seem like a big deal.  If it is a big deal, then there's something not right going on here...

Message 21 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@h4idol If you PIF i believe they will reinstate you

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 31
marty56
Super Contributor

Once of the CCs I had in DMP was bought out by Chase.  2 years ago I applied for a Southwest card which I didn't realize was Chase.

I was approved but the original account was PIF'd and never paid late.  I would not have applied for the Southwest card if I realized it was Chase.

I make it a point not to apply for credit with any lenders I was in DMP with.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 23 of 31
h4ldol
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@h4idol If you PIF i believe they will reinstate you

That's good to know... they should!

Message 24 of 31
hemi961
Regular Contributor

A friend of mine applied for the Chase Amazon card and was approved.  A year later he applied for some other Chase card (not sure which one) and was denied.  When he called he was told that he had defaulted on a Providian card (prior to Chase acquiring them) and as long as they had a record of it, they would not approve him.  I got him the backdoor number from here and he called and got approved, so they blacklist, have a long memory but it is still possible to recon and get a card with them.

Message 25 of 31
teenastie
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@teenastie LOL! THINK OF THE KIDS MAN!!!!

It's a good thing DW has impecable credit history with Chase My kids may have a chance Smiley Very Happy!!!

Message 26 of 31
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

So, since I was denied for the Freedom card can I get a Slate since I'm on thier black list.?

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 27 of 31
timkrof
Contributor

I had an old CO account with Chase from 2004 that they agreed to remove from my CR's early.  And they did.

About 2 weeks ago I applied for the Chase Freedom card, initially denied but recon'ed and was approved with a 4k balance.

I then tried for the Cash Ink card for my business and was denied due to the old charge off.

I think its up to the folks in the lending dept. if they want to pull the blacklist card or not.  Just my 2 cents.

Message 28 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@timkrof wrote:

I had an old CO account with Chase from 2004 that they agreed to remove from my CR's early.  And they did.

About 2 weeks ago I applied for the Chase Freedom card, initially denied but recon'ed and was approved with a 4k balance.

I then tried for the Cash Ink card for my business and was denied due to the old charge off.

I think its up to the folks in the lending dept. if they want to pull the blacklist card or not.  Just my 2 cents.

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

So, since I was denied for the Freedom card can I get a Slate since I'm on thier black list.?

I doubt it, its probably effective on all of their products.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.