Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase approve a second Slate card?

tag
quarius
Regular Contributor

Does Chase approve a second Slate card?

I have had my Slate card for more than 2 years and I was thinking of applying for another one so I can get the 0% interest for some time with no fees. Both of my Chase cards have 0% balances on them and my scores are around 750. I just don't want to waste any pulls if the system doesn't even allow it. My old Slate doesn't have any offers. But it would be worth me getting another one if they do this.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does Chase approve a second Slate card?

Not sure to original question. Any reason you would like another? If you need to bt , Navy is offering a $0/0% for 12months that ends 28 FebSmiley Happy.
Message 2 of 8
quarius
Regular Contributor

wrote:
Not sure to original question. Any reason you would like another? If you need to bt , Navy is offering a $0/0% for 12months that ends 28 FebSmiley Happy.

I have the Navy stuff already but i am still paying some interest on some student loans at about 4% interest that I would like to just balance transfer the rest to zero%. I have a good amount of available credit with chase that I could add to the second Slate if they allow it. 

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't get a second Slate out of them with one already open and active. 

Message 4 of 8
quarius
Regular Contributor

wrote:

What happens if I move my credit line over to my other Chase card and close the Slate I have? Can I then re apply for a new slate and get approved? If so would I need to wait to apply again after they report the card closed or just after after they close it?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 slate cards, but I had only applied for one.The second was a PC when they discontinued the Quicken card.
Message 6 of 8
quarius
Regular Contributor

wrote:

So i just closed my Slate card and transfered my available credit to my other card. I did ask them if they had any balance transfer offers before it but they said no. Should i wait until the new reporting cycle to try and apply or am I good to try and apply again now that it is considered not open with them anymore?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever try to apply for another slate card?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.