cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase give auto CLIs on Freedom?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Does Chase give auto CLIs on Freedom?

After reading this thread, I'm determined not to apply for another Chase card until I can be sure to get at least 10k in limit up front.

Message 21 of 40
RonDawg
Contributor

I have never recieved an auto CLI from chase ever.  To get the limit I have on Freedom card, its my oldest credit card, I had to Call have a hard pull done get my sorry $500.00 increase and then have them recon that, the woman on the other end said, how much do you want? I said 5K she said um, I don't think so, I said i think so we went back and forth till she gave it to me. 

Kind of funny though I actually won an arguement with a bank rep lol.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 22 of 40
HiLine
Blogger

@RonDawg wrote:

I have never recieved an auto CLI from chase ever.  To get the limit I have on Freedom card, its my oldest credit card, I had to Call have a hard pull done get my sorry $500.00 increase and then have them recon that, the woman on the other end said, how much do you want? I said 5K she said um, I don't think so, I said i think so we went back and forth till she gave it to me. 

Lol how did you pull that off? I often find myself pretty much giving up when the rep says they need a longer history or something along that line.

Message 23 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

Chase gave me 2 autos so far. One was a 5k increase on my CSP, the other was a 2.5k on my chase amazon.

Just keep using it a lot, but don't overspend beyond your means.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 40
Pworld
Regular Contributor

I have gotten 2. both for 500 in the past 10 months. Which works for me, since it shows me to keep using the card and i will be rewarded. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 25 of 40
RonDawg
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

Lol how did you pull that off? I often find myself pretty much giving up when the rep says they need a longer history or something along that line.

I just told her that if she didn't give it to me that I would spray paint her house yellow, JK

Actually, I just told her, I know you can do it if you just want too, I went into how long I have had the account, how well I have taken care of it, she really couldn't argue any of that.  She finally gave in and started asking me what I needed it for and what not, then poof I had the new limit.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
Message 26 of 40
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

I keep hearing the only way to get a CLI is by requesting one (and it costs you a hard inquiry).  Is this true?  Don't they do auto CLIs at all?  What does it take to get one?

Yes, they do. I got my auto CLI at 4-5 months. Went from 3.7k to 4.2k

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 27 of 40
HiLine
Blogger

@RonDawg wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

I just told her that if she didn't give it to me that I would spray paint her house yellow, JK

Actually, I just told her, I know you can do it if you just want too, I went into how long I have had the account, how well I have taken care of it, she really couldn't argue any of that.  She finally gave in and started asking me what I needed it for and what not, then poof I had the new limit.

Will definitely use that line for my next recon! Thanks for the tip! Smiley LOL

Message 28 of 40
RonDawg
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

Will definitely use that line for my next recon! Thanks for the tip! Smiley LOL

Your Welcome.

Message 29 of 40
noober0x
Established Member

@RonDawg wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

I might just ask for your help when I apply for my Amex and Bold cards in case I need to do a recon haha.  Congrats.

I've had... 1k 1.6k 1.9k 2.4k 3.5k 4.2k then 4.5k... 6 increases since I got the card.  What's funny is that when I had the 4.2k limit, they did an SP on me and lowered my Freedom (and my amazon) from 4.2k to 2.2k (the amazon went to 1.6k)

I called within 2 seconds of seeing that and asked for credit reviews, got in touch, and they did a recon without an HP.  Said basically the same thing as you, and she came back to me two minutes later saying she was able to reinstate my original limits (which were 4.2k and 3k) and gave me another $300 on freedom on top of that.. which I dually used up within the next two hours.  I guess they dropped me because they saw my ridiculously high (133%+) CC utilization.

Just keep using the card, PIFing, and you'll be good.  They tend to happen every 6 months for me.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.