cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase send "payment due" alerts after account closure?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Chase send "payment due" alerts after account closure?

Does anyone have experience with Chase "payment due" account alerts after credit card account closure?

I closed an account, unaware that a balance remained, and Chase stopped sending alerts. Curious if that's the expected behavior or a bug. Called Chase support and got four different answers.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Chase send "payment due" alerts after account closure?

@Anonymous If it's a small balance just pay it off. If it's big and you didn't notice and closed the account then, my answer wouldn't be that simple.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question is retrospective, unfortunately. Damage already done (over a ~$250 debt). I had used alerts for years and relied on the absence of a monthly alerts to imply "no payment is due".

Message 3 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

When did the $250 balance exist on the account, relative to the date of account closure?  

Did Chase close the account or you closed the account?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last transaction occurred two months prior to account closure. I closed the account.

Ironically, I closed the account because I could not access the account or paperless statements online. I suspect that the access issue was related to some sort of snafu on the back-end linking the card (which was an Ink card) to my long-standing online profile w/ personal cards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.