cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi DC SP CLI use score on site?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Does Citi DC SP CLI use score on site?

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

OK so I waited for the FICO Bankcard 8 EQ score on the Citibank site to reset. My score jumped 73 points to 773.

I pulled the soft pull luv button and..........     instant denial.

I was hoping you'd update. I'm sorry to hear that they won't part with even a little bit this time around.

Mine updated today as well and about 20 minutes ago...instant denial as well. I'm going to continue to put spend through as I do love the 2% and I'm marking my calendar to try again 6 mos. Hopefully at this point, the can't give me the too many new accts or too many CLI attempts excuse. If I get denied again, I'll close it. I'm at the point I'd rather lose .5% in rewards and give the spend to NFCU than have to pay the DC off multiple times per month for non-category spend.

I'm thinking of sock drawering the card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 31 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to hear that SJ. They must seriously be off their rockers to not approve with a 773!. Im only at 636 so i have about as much chance at a cli as the Cleveland Indians winning the World Series this yearSmiley Wink
Message 32 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry to hear that SJ. They must seriously be off their rockers to not approve with a 773!. Im only at 636 so i have about as much chance at a cli as the Cleveland Indians winning the World Series this yearSmiley Wink

You're probably giving them credit for more rationality than they have.

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

OK so I waited for the FICO Bankcard 8 EQ score on the Citibank site to reset. My score jumped 73 points to 773.

Sorry you were denied. What were the denial reasons?

Message 34 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

They haven't posted that yet.

Message 35 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Well, Pearl, as it turns out the denial reason is very interesting.

It's because of an old public record.

That old public record appears on the 9/27 EQ report but does NOT appear on the 10/25 report which is referenced on the website.

I.e.. they were still relying on the old report rather than the new one.

I wonder when they're going to start looking at my new report.

Message 36 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

OK so here's my final update on this saga.

Even after my new report was being referenced on their site for the FICO Bankcard 8 EQ score, they were still denying my luv button CLI requests based on my old credit report.

So I called customer service and asked whether he could do a hard pull and do a manual review, and he said NO, saying 'the system will tell me whether it's a soft pull or a hard pull but won't allow me to select a hard pull if it's telling me it's a soft pull'.

After thinking about it, I decided, although I really don't like the idea of the hard pull, I think I'm ready to get one and see what happens. If after seeing my new report -- where the Bankcard 8 EQ was now up to 809 already -- they don't give me a CLI, then maybe I'll just close the account altogether. 2 years, stuck at $2600, is ridiculous. And now that I've earned an 809, which is about 150 points higher than where I was when they granted me the card in the first place, they should up my credit limit.

So I called customer service again, and again he said he couldn't do a hard pull because 'the system wouldn't let him'. So I said ok, go ahead with the soft pull application, and he did, and I was declined again, for the same reason I'd been declined before.

He said I could fax a copy of my new EQ report and maybe they would review it. So I did that, and all they did was treat my fax as another CLI soft pull request, and denied me again for the same stale reason.

BTW both CSR's seemed stupid, unhelpful, arrogant, and uninterested in being helpful.

Finally I decided to give it one last shot, and call the Executive Office.

There I got completely different treatment. Spoke to an intelligent courteous person who said she would submit for a hard pull and a manual review.  She asked me how much of a limit I was looking for. I told her 10k. She gave me her name and phone number, cautioned me that the review might take 24 hours or more, and submitted it.

Within a couple of hours the $10k limit was showing up in my account.

So I guess my advice would be (a) if you want to be treated like a human by Citi you have to talk to the Executive Office and (b) if you want to be seriously considered for a CLI you need to be willing to go for the hard pull.

Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Even after my new report was being referenced on their site for the FICO Bankcard 8 EQ score, they were still denying my luv button CLI requests based on my old credit report.

So I called customer service and asked whether he could do a hard pull and do a manual review, and he said NO, saying 'the system will tell me whether it's a soft pull or a hard pull but won't allow me to select a hard pull if it's telling me it's a soft pull'.

After thinking about it, I decided, although I really don't like the idea of the hard pull, I think I'm ready to get one and see what happens. If after seeing my new report -- where the Bankcard 8 EQ was now up to 809 already -- they don't give me a CLI, then maybe I'll just close the account altogether. 2 years, stuck at $2600, is ridiculous. And now that I've earned an 809, which is about 150 points higher than where I was when they granted me the card in the first place, they should up my credit limit.

So I called customer service again, and again he said he couldn't do a hard pull because 'the system wouldn't let him'. So I said ok, go ahead with the soft pull application, and he did, and I was declined again, for the same reason I'd been declined before.

He said I could fax a copy of my new EQ report and maybe they would review it. So I did that, and all they did was treat my fax as another CLI soft pull request, and denied me again for the same stale reason.

BTW both CSR's seemed stupid, unhelpful, arrogant, and uninterested in being helpful.

There I got completely different treatment. Spoke to an intelligent courteous person who said she would submit for a hard pull and a manual review.  She asked me how much of a limit I was looking for. I told her 10k. She gave me her name and phone number, cautioned me that the review might take 24 hours or more, and submitted it.

So I guess my advice would be (a) if you want to be treated like a human by Citi you have to talk to the Executive Office and (b) if you want to be seriously considered for a CLI you need to be willing to go for the hard pull.

So glad you got an increase after all this time, but having to take the HP really bites. I want to be more of a rah-rah cheerleader in my congratulations, but they made this way more difficult for you than necessary.

Message 38 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

So glad you got an increase after all this time, but having to take the HP really bites. I want to be more of a rah-rah cheerleader in my congratulations, but they made this way more difficult for you than necessary.

That's ok I don't need the "rah rah" stuff Smiley Happy Mainly what I look for is us sharing information.  This was quite a learning experience for me.

The CLI itself has little intrinsic importance, because it's a high interest cash back card with no balance transfer offers, so there's no way I'm going to use it for any large sums anyway. It was just the principle of the thing.

Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Congrats on your success SouthJamaica! Your persistence paid off! $10K is a nice usable limit and you wouldn't have gotten it through a SP. I am very happy for you.Smiley Very Happy Enjoy your Double Cash!Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.