cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi DC SP CLI use score on site?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Citi DC SP CLI use score on site?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

OK so I waited for the FICO Bankcard 8 EQ score on the Citibank site to reset. My score jumped 73 points to 773.

I pulled the soft pull luv button and..........     instant denial.

Sorry you were denied. What were the denial reasons?

Well, Pearl, as it turns out the denial reason is very interesting.

It's because of an old public record.

That old public record appears on the 9/27 EQ report but does NOT appear on the 10/25 report which is referenced on the website.

I.e.. they were still relying on the old report rather than the new one.

I wonder when they're going to start looking at my new report.

Did you ask the EO why they use old reports when they have new information available to them? And that old collection showing up really sucks!

Message 41 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

OK so here's my final update on this saga.

Even after my new report was being referenced on their site for the FICO Bankcard 8 EQ score, they were still denying my luv button CLI requests based on my old credit report.

So I called customer service and asked whether he could do a hard pull and do a manual review, and he said NO, saying 'the system will tell me whether it's a soft pull or a hard pull but won't allow me to select a hard pull if it's telling me it's a soft pull'.

After thinking about it, I decided, although I really don't like the idea of the hard pull, I think I'm ready to get one and see what happens. If after seeing my new report -- where the Bankcard 8 EQ was now up to 809 already -- they don't give me a CLI, then maybe I'll just close the account altogether. 2 years, stuck at $2600, is ridiculous. And now that I've earned an 809, which is about 150 points higher than where I was when they granted me the card in the first place, they should up my credit limit.

So I called customer service again, and again he said he couldn't do a hard pull because 'the system wouldn't let him'. So I said ok, go ahead with the soft pull application, and he did, and I was declined again, for the same reason I'd been declined before.

He said I could fax a copy of my new EQ report and maybe they would review it. So I did that, and all they did was treat my fax as another CLI soft pull request, and denied me again for the same stale reason.

BTW both CSR's seemed stupid, unhelpful, arrogant, and uninterested in being helpful.

Finally I decided to give it one last shot, and call the Executive Office.

There I got completely different treatment. Spoke to an intelligent courteous person who said she would submit for a hard pull and a manual review.  She asked me how much of a limit I was looking for. I told her 10k. She gave me her name and phone number, cautioned me that the review might take 24 hours or more, and submitted it.

Within a couple of hours the $10k limit was showing up in my account.

So I guess my advice would be (a) if you want to be treated like a human by Citi you have to talk to the Executive Office and (b) if you want to be seriously considered for a CLI you need to be willing to go for the hard pull.

Congrats on your success SouthJamaica! Your persistence paid off! $10K is a nice usable limit and you wouldn't have gotten it through a SP. I am very happy for you.Smiley Very Happy Enjoy your Double Cash!Smiley Happy

Thanks Pearl, much appreciated Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 42 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

OK so I waited for the FICO Bankcard 8 EQ score on the Citibank site to reset. My score jumped 73 points to 773.

That old public record appears on the 9/27 EQ report but does NOT appear on the 10/25 report which is referenced on the website.

Did you ask the EO why they use old reports when they have new information available to them? And that old collection showing up really sucks!

1. No I didn't ask. I could tell she was on the ball. Didn't want to dwell on past history.

2. Well that old public record was on the old report which they kept on using; fortunately they now have my up to date information.

Message 43 of 47
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Glad to see you finally got that increase. I was wondering how long it would take before you opted for the HP. Lol

People treat the HPs like a death sentence around here. Sometimes if you want something, you have to be willing to give up one to get it. Besides it's all temporary any way.

Message 44 of 47
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Glad to see you finally got that increase. I was wondering how long it would take before you opted for the HP. Lol

People treat the HPs like a death sentence around here. Sometimes if you want something, you have to be willing to give up one to get it. Besides it's all temporary any way.

I had previously wasted 3 or 4 hard pulls on cli requests with them, so the hp's are no guarantee of anything.

Message 45 of 47
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I had previously wasted 3 or 4 hard pulls on cli requests with them, so the hp's are no guarantee of anything.

This is true, though from all of the data in the forums. You are more than likely to get an increase by HP than a SP. You certainly get larger CLI by the HP from what I've seen so far.

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. No I didn't ask. I could tell she was on the ball. Didn't want to dwell on past history.

2. Well that old public record was on the old report which they kept on using; fortunately they now have my up to date information.

Okay. Thanks for the update SouthJamaica.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.