Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi give second chances?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Citi give second chances?

I have read that Citi never 4gets if you discharge one of their accounts in a BK, but you might have a shot since you did pay them back eventually.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I have read that Citi never 4gets if you discharge one of their accounts in a BK, but you might have a shot since you did pay them back eventually.

I never had a BK. Just let some of my cards become past due then after they were closed I decided to call them back and settle with them. I opened the cards back in early 2006 then let my  irresponsibility get the best of me going 6-7 months without making payments. Then I contacted them in early 2007 and paid them off. They are just paid/closed CO's which will be coming off my report in about 1.5yrs.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

They may want your business again after they come off your CR's

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

They may want your business again after they come off your CR's

unfortunately, that's what i was thinking as well.

guess, i'll just try 4 the Lowe's card early next year after my other GE cards have had some time to age.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.