Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi offer bonuses to PC cards?

tag
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Does Citi offer bonuses to PC cards?

Hi all,

Got an email this morning offering me to PC my Citi Diamond Preferred to a Citi Rewards+ with no bonus. I got the DP card when I needed to do a big BT and it's been paid off for a while and I was thinking of PCing it anyway to something in the TYP ecosystem (ideally I wanted to PC to Dividend but I think that's not doable anymore?).

I was just wondering if I should use this opportunity to PC now, or if Citi is known to incentivize PCs with points or credits? Because I'd obviously rather wait for something like that and get something out of it.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Does Citi offer bonuses to PC cards?

All I've heard of is the occasional offer for 12 months AF-free on the $95 Premier.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I can't recall Citi really offering any kind of upgrade bonus much less anything on an essentially lateral transfer. If you are thinking of dipping your toes into TYP, I would definitely app for the Premier for that SUB, but if you want to pair it with a Rewards+ or Double Cash and the smaller SUB is not worth a fresh app, a PC would be a good use.

You are correct that Dividend PCs are no longer being allowed, but otherwise nearly every card that Citi currently offers or has had in the past decade or two is on the table for a PC.

Message 3 of 14
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Gotcha thanks for the info guys! I don't really have any spend I'd like to divert toward TYP atm so maybe I'll wait to get SUBs on the Premier and Rewards+ when I want to spend on those, and ultimately down the road PC that Diamond Preferred to something in TYP.

Message 4 of 14
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

All I've heard of is the occasional offer for 12 months AF-free on the $95 Premier.

Can confirm this; got an email offering this exact thing this morning on my Rewards+.

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi sent me another email to switch from DP to Rewards. No bonus ever just a nonstop parade of emails lolSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as AJC here! I don't ever plan to bite because I'm not gonna alose out on the 15K SUB if I ever do decide to get that Rewards card!

Even if they offered a SUB to convert it would likely only be 2-5K points max, still not worth it IMO. 

I prefer the DP terms over ther Rewards card. Although BT's are gone ATM if they ever do return the offers are better on DP. 

Message 7 of 14
cahoot2005
Valued Member

Same email offer yesterday.

I have also been receiving mailers for the same Rewards+ card for a few months with 15k points and 15 month 0% on purchases and BTs.

I might take the PC, haven't decided yet, because in the past I had a Diamond Preferred and PC'ed it into Double Cash years ago.  At some point, I apped for the DP again, and got the 18 month 0% offer again.  I do use 0% offers from time to time to float for real estate operations (have a bunch of rentals), or when I need to not pay myself for a while from my other business (restaurants) in order to expand, etc, so being able to app for the 18month DP again later might come in handy more handy than keeping the 15 month offer in the pocket.

Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same as AJC here! I don't ever plan to bite because I'm not gonna alose out on the 15K SUB if I ever do decide to get that Rewards card!

Even if they offered a SUB to convert it would likely only be 2-5K points max, still not worth it IMO. 

I prefer the DP terms over ther Rewards card. Although BT's are gone ATM if they ever do return the offers are better on DP. 

Yeah my thought too. They also used to offer Flex so maybe that comes backSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Gotcha thanks for the info guys! I don't really have any spend I'd like to divert toward TYP atm so maybe I'll wait to get SUBs on the Premier and Rewards+ when I want to spend on those, and ultimately down the road PC that Diamond Preferred to something in TYP.

@mkhan1093  would you be able to pay household bills and whatnot to meet the sub requirements? 

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.