cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Disco Really Care, One Way or The Other?

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Does Disco Really Care, One Way or The Other?

If the soft-pull online CLI requests are computer generated via algorithm, what do CSR's see when they pull up your information. I have found Discover's CSR's to be top-notch. They have been friendly and knowledgable. Realistically, I know that I am just an account number associated with a name. The last one I spoke with, regarding the Luv Button, told me you can request virtually every day, but they typically only approve an increase no less than 30 days since the previous increase approval. Granted everything is profile specific, do they see if and when and how often you hit the Luv Button resulting in a denial? Or only when there was an approval made? And if so to the former, does Discover consider- let's say, a daily or weekly request, "credit-seeking behavior" OR do they truly not care one way or the other, so long as your profile doesn't tank?

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Disco Really Care, One Way or The Other?

If they can see every request, I'm never calling again 

No clue. They haven't acted like they cared in the past, but things are fluid, so I would not be surprised if that changes at some point. 

Message 2 of 64
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They indeed can see every request lol.. I called once and she said i can see you did 50ish requests over the last x time period and this was over a year ago so they know lol Smiley Happy.

My reply was well if you gave me one of my requests there would be less of them..

Message 3 of 64
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Dang 😐

Message 4 of 64
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

meh I have no shame with them.. when I was calling to get more on top of my CLI other day I asked why I don't ever get BT offers as well and they said the computer decides this.  I like making them answer questions I know they can't answer and making them feel just as awkward as my call into them Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 64
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

They indeed can see every request lol.. I called once and she said i can see you did 50ish requests over the last x time period and this was over a year ago so they know lol Smiley Happy.

My reply was well if you gave me one of my requests there would be less of them..

Hahahaha.  That is awesome!  I don't ask quite as often as you do, but I'm not really too far behind either.  I have probably asked 50 times in the 3.5 years since I got mine, and have been asking twice a month.  My reply would be quite similar.   Let's see, you gave me a starting line that was about 10% of my average credit line and 2.5% of my highest credit line.  Every 3-8 months you decide to give me another $500, and after 40 months I've still barely cracked $10,000.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the button about every other week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 7 of 64
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Hahahaha.  That is awesome!  I don't ask quite as often as you do, but I'm not really too far behind either.  I have probably asked 50 times in the 3.5 years since I got mine, and have been asking twice a month.  My reply would be quite similar.   Let's see, you gave me a starting line that was about 10% of my average credit line and 2.5% of my highest credit line.  Every 3-8 months you decide to give me another $500, and after 40 months I've still barely cracked $10,000.  Smiley Frustrated

yep that is another good response Smiley Happy.  I love messing with CSR for some reason.  I am not mean or disrespectful to them I just want them to use their brain a bit.

Message 8 of 64
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Now i'm wondering if they can see how many times i've checked for BT offers Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 64
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

lol @Remedios.

CSR: Is there anything else I can do for you today, sir?

ME: Approve my request.

Message 10 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.