cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Disco Really Care, One Way or The Other?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Disco Really Care, One Way or The Other?

@SoCalifornia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hit the button about every other week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ha... to what avail?

May 2016 SL $3k (1 year post BK7 discharge)

Jan 2017 $3500

Apr 2017 $3800

Aug 2017 $4100

Oct 2017 $4400

May 2018 $5800

Jul 2018 $5900 

Sep 2018 $6800

Dec 2018 $8100

Jun 2019 $11,100

Oct 2019 $13,100

Message 21 of 64
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Okay, so I needed a laugh so I called
Nice gentleman answered the phone, told him I have a strange question, he said go ahead, we're here to help
"Okay, so can you see every time I asked for an increase"
"I see you declined one the other day"
"Yes, but can you see others"
"I see there were others"
"Are they excessive"
"I'd call you determined"

😂😂😂

Yeah, never calling again.

lol I told you so lol.. Smiley Tongue.. One I got about a year ago just had looser lips lol.  Certainly call again what else do you have to lose you actually get some with a personality and can laugh together sometimes about things Smiley Happy

Oh I never doubted you but knowing how many times I asked, I wanted to throw the "excessive" part in there and see how it goes 

It went as expected because he was searching for the right word for quite a while Smiley LOL

CSR diplomacy at it's best 

Notice how he did not say NO Smiley LOL

tenor.gif

Message 22 of 64
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SoCalifornia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hit the button about every other week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ha... to what avail?

May 2016 SL $3k (1 year post BK7 discharge)

Jan 2017 $3500

Apr 2017 $3800

Aug 2017 $4100

Oct 2017 $4400

May 2018 $5800

Jul 2018 $5900 

Sep 2018 $6800

Dec 2018 $8100

Jun 2019 $11,100

Oct 2019 $13,100

A pattern of unpredictability Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
Okay, so I needed a laugh so I called
Nice gentleman answered the phone, told him I have a strange question, he said go ahead, we're here to help
"Okay, so can you see every time I asked for an increase"
"I see you declined one the other day"
"Yes, but can you see others"
"I see there were others"
"Are they excessive"

😂😂😂

Yeah, never calling again.

smiley-laughing021.gif

You should add that to your signature. 😂 

Message 24 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

They indeed can see every request lol.. I called once and she said i can see you did 50ish requests over the last x time period and this was over a year ago so they know lol Smiley Happy.

My reply was well if you gave me one of my requests there would be less of them..

Hahahaha.  That is awesome!  I don't ask quite as often as you do, but I'm not really too far behind either.  I have probably asked 50 times in the 3.5 years since I got mine, and have been asking twice a month.  My reply would be quite similar.   Let's see, you gave me a starting line that was about 10% of my average credit line and 2.5% of my highest credit line.  Every 3-8 months you decide to give me another $500, and after 40 months I've still barely cracked $10,000.  Smiley Frustrated

Shameless ... absolutely shameless Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally don't think there's such a thing as asking too often.  I have not seen or heard of any sort of AA or any thing negative happening from requesting frequently.  I typically request online every Monday, but sometimes miss a Monday or two and at the very least ask monthly.  I've got periods of 35-40 weeks in a row without missing a Monday request, though.  I've easily got about 100 denial letters at this point.  

Message 26 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally don't think there's such a thing as asking too often.  I have not seen or heard of any sort of AA or any thing negative happening from requesting frequently.  I typically request online every Monday, but sometimes miss a Monday or two and at the very least ask monthly.  I've got periods of 35-40 weeks in a row without missing a Monday request, though.  I've easily got about 100 denial letters at this point.  

With them asking for 4506-T's even on secured cards lately, I am not asking as often as I was.

I may ask on my Miles next month though because it will be 60 days since approval and it's only a $3K limit. 

Message 27 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just thinking this while reading through, and seeing "no harm in asking" statement. And remembering all those 4506-T threads lately.

I'm definitely not as "determined" as some of you, I've kept it to about every 90-180 days between requests. Changing it up slightly depending upon the results.

Opened in June 2015 with $5K SL. Left it alone until I happened upon this place and learned about SP CLI's.

$1300 Auto CLI 11/2015

$1600 Auto CLI 6/2016

$1000 Auto CLI 10/2016

$4400 CLI on 12/03/18

$4500 CLI on 2/24/18

$500 CLI on 5/30 /19

$5K CLI on 9/6/19

Message 28 of 64
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I "grew" my disco from $1000.00 to $24,700.00 in a little bit over two years in hopes of it becoming "just in case" BT card 

Once i finally had it where I wanted it, they took the BTs away 😂

So, when it comes to Disco, the joke is on me 🤷

Screenshot 2019-10-22 at 7.14.00 PM.png

Message 29 of 64
Hut1
Established Contributor

I am more impressed that you guys are keeping records of when the increase happened and for what amount. Smiley LOL

download

Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.