cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Disco Really Care, One Way or The Other?

tag
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Disco Really Care, One Way or The Other?

@Remedios wrote:

My last CLI was $7000.00. It happened after months of non use, unless you count paying at Chipotle once (wrong card Smiley Frustrated) as a use

Discover operates on a quantum level. There is a logic there, but it's nearly impossible to see, probably because parameters change too frequently to be able to discern with a small sample group, and by the time they are a bit more obvious, poof they go. 

Things work for a while, they stop working, then something else works. Or, different things will work for different profiles. Or, some things will work slowly for certain profiles. 

One thing is for sure (as sure as one can be) Discover likes middle of the road. Not too little credit, not too much. Not too high lines, not too low. Either side of the bell curve is not optimal. For now. That's a subject to change, too. 

🤷‍♀️

Wow! $7000 that's amazing! I'm considering runnning some holiday spend through this card to justify the limit. Perhaps that will help me to grow it a little more. Just don't want to poke the bear.

Message 61 of 64
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@grower1 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

My last CLI was $7000.00. It happened after months of non use, unless you count paying at Chipotle once (wrong card Smiley Frustrated) as a use

Discover operates on a quantum level. There is a logic there, but it's nearly impossible to see, probably because parameters change too frequently to be able to discern with a small sample group, and by the time they are a bit more obvious, poof they go. 

Things work for a while, they stop working, then something else works. Or, different things will work for different profiles. Or, some things will work slowly for certain profiles. 

One thing is for sure (as sure as one can be) Discover likes middle of the road. Not too little credit, not too much. Not too high lines, not too low. Either side of the bell curve is not optimal. For now. That's a subject to change, too. 

🤷‍♀️

Wow! $7000 that's amazing! I'm considering runnning some holiday spend through this card to justify the limit. Perhaps that will help me to grow it a little more. Just don't want to poke the bear.

Discover is more like poking a confused, bipolar squirrel. 🐿

Message 62 of 64
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@grower1 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

🤷‍♀️

yup, and the one two months earlier  was $3000.00

I spend $35.00 in six months 

It was supposed to be a future BT card, but they elected to throw money at me, and take BT offers away 

At least they are funny clowns Smiley LOL

Message 63 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hut1 wrote:

I am more impressed that you guys are keeping records of when the increase happened and for what amount. Smiley LOL

Not actively, my CR did that. I just had to look back at the month/year the CL changed, I only remember the last 3 big ones I requested.

I only personally keep track of Amex and Citi because of their CLI rules.

I'm currently still getting BT offers with Discover, so maybe I shouldn't reqest anymore CLIs. Though it's finally high enough limit to absorb decent size BT's without going past 19% utilization that I like staying at.

Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.