Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover Report?

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Does Discover Report?

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to know how long does Discover take to report to the credit agencies. I got the card on April and I already received two statements but still nothing on my report.

Should I wait a little longer or should I call and see what's happening?

Thanks in advance.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Discover Report?

They seem to take a little longer, I don't know why.  I have a discover account and my statment cut on the 4th of this month and still hasn't updated...

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 2 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I've always read that it often takes them more than 2 statements to report.

I got my Discover mid April, and it started reporting a couple days after the 1st statement to all CRBs. I was pleasently surprised.

I've read you can call them and specifically ask them to do an "off cycle update" to your CR. You have to use that term.

Let us know how it works out!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 17
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Discover took FOREVER to report for me. It literally just reported a few days ago, when I got my notification from Citi Identity Monitor. 

I got the card in February

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

Ditto, Took between 2 and 3 statements for me

Message 5 of 17
jcx808
New Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

They seem to take a little longer, I don't know why.  I have a discover account and my statment cut on the 4th of this month and still hasn't updated...

Same here, my statement cut off on the 4th and still hasn't updated on my credit report.  However, I did get a CL last month... maybe thats why, I'm not sure.

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 725 EQ 746 TU as of 6/24/2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 17
dp321
Regular Contributor

You need to exploit this window of opportunity to get another card. On a serious note, it took me two full statements (when I first got it, the statement cut a week after i received the card) tor mine to report. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I also got a CLI last month also...weird, but glad I'm not the only one.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 8 of 17
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for mine in Jan and received my card in Feb. It started reporting a few days after my 3rd statement cut. I even called and the lady put through an off-cycle report because she said it should have reported by then but it hadn't. Discover likes to take its time initially reporting the account but they're worth the wait. By far my favorite card that I carry. I love the Customer Service too!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine reported pretty fast within 90 days

But I think you need a balance on it

First couple of statements no report cause I used and paid off in few days

Once I let something hang after 30 days they reported

Now they report like clockwork

Discover was my first decent line on a ghost file rebuild

So they do take on unusual clients or little in bureaus

If the info helps you use it

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.