Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Discover Soft TU Only?

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Does Discover Soft TU Only?

My first Discover anniversary is the 15th and I'm planning to call the magic number for a CLI.

I have EQ and EX free annual reports and there are no Discover softs at all. I want to wait till November to get the TU free report.

Any guidance on frequency of AR's, etc. from Discover would be much appreciated.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Does Discover Soft TU Only?

Discover is nothing like AMEX where they review your credit report like clock work. 
Message 2 of 5
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@jaysdad2k wrote:

My first Discover anniversary is the 15th and I'm planning to call the magic number for a CLI.

I have EQ and EX free annual reports and there are no Discover softs at all. I want to wait till November to get the TU free report.

Any guidance on frequency of AR's, etc. from Discover would be much appreciated.

They only soft TU for me, and it's at least quarterly from what I'm seeing on my reports (they delete the old soft each time they check, so only the newer soft remains).  FYI...You can check your TU credit report for free on Transunion's website, by logging in and requesting a copy for dispute purposes. Everything will be there...softs and all.  It's a service they provide to all of us. The report is good for 30 days, then can be refreshed the same way.  

Message 3 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

@jaysdad2k wrote:

They only soft TU for me, and it's at least quarterly from what I'm seeing on my reports (they delete the old soft each time they check, so only the newer soft remains).  FYI...You can check your TU credit report for free on Transunion's website, by logging in and requesting a copy for dispute purposes. Everything will be there...softs and all.  It's a service they provide to all of us. The report is good for 30 days, then can be refreshed the same way.  

+1  I been getting free reports just about every day and every other day fro all CRA's.  Some people just don't know how to go about getting the reports without paying.   I been using my same confirmation number with EQ and same file number with EX since May.  TU is very generous too.  If you suspect inaccurate info on your report you can get it free.  You can access a fresh report 3 times before requesting another one.  

Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

My Discover pre-app offers were based on soft pulls from EX, but my AM INQ's are all on TU.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.