cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GE limit your CL with every card you apply for?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does GE limit your CL with every card you apply for?

@Creditaddict wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on your approval! Are you saying the temp is your CL or the $2k?

Oh nooo, haha. The temp was only $500 -_- but the lady I spoke to said that is my permanent CL.

I'll give them a call later on and have them put a request for someone to manually review my app with hopes of a higher CL. (1.5 hopefully, maybe 1k is more realistic though).

I was supposed to be in the garden so I'm really hoping I can get it.  

Just wait, I swear these people don't know how the bank they work at gives out CL's.

My mom got an instant temp line of $400 on Zappos Visa and when the card came it was $9k.

A business credit analyst a month or so later said if she had looked at that app for the personal card she would have denied it, she NEVER would have opened it, let alone give it $9k which I thought was insanely rude for her to state such a thing... I hate chase but they have so many cards I seem to keep ending up doing business with them!

Hahaha.  Are you sure I should wait?  I saw on here that if someone waits for so long to request an initial credit limit increase, that it'll only be able to be done with a HP and at the same time, I saw that requesting it soon after you apply, they'll sp you or rather use the report that was used when you first applied.

And I also saw on here that for the most part, the limit ended up being higher than the temp CL, but there were a few people who said their temp limit ended up being their actual limit.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 11 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does GE limit your CL with every card you apply for?

AFAIK, the temp limit is so you can use your loc right now while you wait for your cc. At least that's how it was for me when I was approved for PayPal MC. Temp limit of $500, approved for $1500. Then again, that was last year.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.