cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GEMB give credit if you have a bk?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does GEMB give credit if you have a bk?

Well my original question is solved.  I just got approved for a GEMB/Dillards card with a TU Fico of 629.  The thing that I don't get is that I applied for a Walmart, JCP, and Old Navy card the same day, and the only one I was approved for was the Dillards card.

Any ideas why I would be approved for one GEMB card and not another?  Is there some kind of limit?

Message 11 of 17
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

They may be BK friendly with the store charge cards that they manage, but not with their own GE Money MasterCards like the Earth Rewards.

Also, those with BKs often end up only getting a PayPal Buyer Credit account when they apply for the eBay or PayPal Plus MasterCard.

Message Edited by pazuzu on 02-09-2009 05:51 PM

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 12 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I had a BK 7 in 04. Late start on credit rebuild, apped and received: Walmart 650, Old Navy 450, Chevron/Texaco 650, Bass Pro 500. GE likes me I guess. Old Navy just got cli to 650, right after the 6 month mark. I would say they are BK friendly in my case. Not sure though about including them in a BK though. My scores were in the low 600's at the time. Wait a minute, they still are in the low 600's Smiley Happy OH WELL!!!!!!
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 13 of 17
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

http://www.gemoneycards.com/personal/credit_cards/general_purpose/index.html

These are the GOOD GE Money Cards. Get one today!

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 14 of 17
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

GEMB does what they want, when they want and I can't figure any of it out.

I have a JC Penney card that is at $2700, PIF, never late, etc., but they only offered me $500 at Ashley Furniture, through GEMB. 

Lisa 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE's various store credit cards are run autonomously, like separate businesses... from different physical locations, with credit policies dictated by completely different executives.  While the scope of the businesses may be generally similar, they are not cookie-cutter "one size fits all" policies.  Each division has great latitude in to whom, when and how high they grant a credit line to.  Changes in upper management frequently results in major changes to that division's (Sam's, WalMart, Old Navy, Care Credit, etc) credit guidelines.  Nailing down what one division does, or doesn't do, is very difficult.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an older thread, but I thought I'd update it because it helped me.  Thanks to everyone who posted.

Ch 13BK from 05 - discharged 2/09.  Less than 6 months later (7/09), I applied for:

Dillard's 700 CL

Walmart 500 CL

JCPenney 1200 CL

Good luck to everyone trying to recuperate from BK.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.