cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU Pull FICO 8 or FICO 9 score for new CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does NFCU Pull FICO 8 or FICO 9 score for new CC?

I was looking at the boards and I seem to be seeing conflicting information on NFCU pulls.

According to the "Who pulls who thread" Navy Pulls FICO 9 scores, but I am reading a lot of approvals in the cc forums that say their FICO 8 scores are being used.

Is it different depending on your state, or the card you are applying for?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does NFCU Pull FICO 8 or FICO 9 score for new CC?

They are going to pull your Eq or Tu , maybe Ex for approvals or cli requests, etc, so since we go off our fico8 scores for those most of the time i would just assume they are using those for approvals. Fico9 is just what they are providing us.
Message 2 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Generally, for a new credit card account NFCU pulls information from Trans Union.  (Although some members have reported Experian pulls as well...)

NFCU uses it's own scoring system to assign a numerical value to that information.  "credit score".

It's not Fico 8 or Fico 9, it is an internal score based on their own scoring model.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I read that they pull Tu for new cards and Eq for Cli generally, I was just wondering what version they use.

I don't know my internal score with Navy. When I got my first card with them in March, it was not on the Cost of Credit letter. The area was blank. But, it can't be too low with them since they approved a car loan for me in July. There was no internal score on that either.

I guess when the time comes, we will just cross our fingers for that second card! 🤣
Message 4 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess when the time comes, we will just cross our fingers for that second card! 🤣

...just be certain that time comes AFTER you've had the first card for at least 91 days AND three statements... otherwise, they'll auto deny.

Good luck!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had it since March, it graduated in August, so yeah, it's been like 7 months and almost 7 statements.

My scores have went up quite a bit too, but I am still worried since it's only 1 year (exactly) since my Ch 7 dc. I may just wait a few more months, I'm not sure yet.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for my 2nd card the other day, after 6 months of my 1st. I think I was a little too trigger happy after I graduated. Because it was an instant denial. Smiley Sad I haven't received the letter yet but assuming it's due to bk.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU pulled my FICO 8 on Trans Union my score was 616 and I got approved for cash rewards card
Message 8 of 16
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

It’s tough to really nail it down but I know when I applied for mine it quoted the exact F9 score. I also had my sister and mom apply and it matched their F9s as well. When I applied for my CLOC it quoted my internal score. I’m in South Carolina and they’re in Texas if that helps. All I do know for sure is that they pull TU and EQ for different items (new card vs CLI)
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Panda800- that's kind of what I am afraid of as well since my DC just hit the 1 year mark, but I do also have a car loan with them so I dont know.

Chinawife0505- it's not the lower score that worries me, I have a Ch 7 bk that just DC a year ago. They WILL approve at lower scores, but combined with a year old bk, I am not sure.

CreditisCrack- I wondered if the pulls are different based on where you are.. I am guessing that they are different.

I guess the worst that happens is a denial or a low SL. I am going to wait until mid month at least and then I will see.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.