cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU Pull FICO 8 or FICO 9 score for new CC?

tag
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: Does NFCU Pull FICO 8 or FICO 9 score for new CC?

Most people that follow Navy will tell you FICO 9 TU for cc's but most importantly their own scoring model.
Best advice to you is if you want to reap the benefits of Navy Fed, open a checking account with them, direct deposit your pay and use them as your main bank.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@glockrunner wrote:
Most people that follow Navy will tell you FICO 9 TU for cc's but most importantly their own scoring model.
Best advice to you is if you want to reap the benefits of Navy Fed, open a checking account with them, direct deposit your pay and use them as your main bank.

This is not required at all and it plays no part in the decision making process unless you have a delinquent checking. They are totally separated. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this point in time, it doesn't make financial sense for me to use Navy as my primary bank since the closest branch is 2.5 hours away, and the closest co-OP is 45 min away. I don't want to get charged at my local atms every time I take cash out. When I move in a couple of years, I will be close to a branch then, but not now.

I do have a savings with them that I use frequently because I can deposit through the app by taking pictures of checks. Works awesome, and I don't have to call in all the time to ACH deposits.
Message 13 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 @Anonymous

Navy banking and credit are two separate divisions. Its a misconception that how much money one has will influence their credit decisions. My checking and savings remains at zero and ive still managed to break 20k on a cc from them. No easy feat on my incomeSmiley Wink. Dti , internal scores and your overall credit portfolio are most important imho.
Message 14 of 16
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

I have to disagree on part. Sure dti is very important and credit report but none of us know what factors in THEIR internal scores. Unless someone can tell me their entire internal algorithms?
Navy does allow up to $10/mo for refund of atm charges
Message 15 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

100% trueSmiley Happy nobody can tell their internal scoring criteria , even people with rock solid profiles have trouble getting that perfect score. Just knowing whether you put $5 or $50000 in the bank wont sway them , this has been confirmed by their csrs, will save alot of people from changing their financisl structure in hopes that that would make a differenceSmiley Wink.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.