Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU report AU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does NFCU report AU?

Does NFCU report AU's on account to the CRA's for CC's?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Re: Does NFCU report AU?

No. You have to add them to the card. I just added my husband. They said in order to take him off the account in the future they will check my credit again and make sure that I can still qualify on my own for the card.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpeach wrote:
No. You have to add them to the card. I just added my husband. They said in order to take him off the account in the future they will check my credit again and make sure that I can still qualify on my own for the card.
Do you mean they don't allow AU, only adding a joint holder?
Message 3 of 10
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

You can have an AU who is not a NFCU member, they do not report the AU to the CRAs. They only report if they are joint appicants.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like most CU's don't report AU's....I've been told Alliant and PenFed don't report AU's either.

Message 5 of 10
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Intresting. My DW is not a member of PenFed and is an AU on PenFed CC and it does appear on hers creditreport.

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like most CU's don't report AU's....I've been told Alliant and PenFed don't report AU's either.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 10
gpeach
Regular Contributor

NFCU will add a AU on your account. But they will not report to the CRA for the AU. In order to have an AU report to the CRA I had to add my hubby as a joint user.

And if I want to remove him they will check my credit again to make sure I still qualify for the card on my own. One nice thing was he did not have a credit inquiry. My statement cuts on the 6th and it showed up a couple days later.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

Intresting. My DW is not a member of PenFed and is an AU on PenFed CC and it does appear on hers creditreport.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update on PenFed.

Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And yet, DH has a card, but the account does not appear on his records.

I swear, I have no idea how all this works out...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 10
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

I am an AU on my husband's NFCU cashRewards card which was opened on 10/7/09 and it has already reported me to EX. Hopefully it will also report to the other two soon as well.
FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.