Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Orchard Bank always....?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Orchard Bank always....?

I got approved for an unsecured card, but do they always require you to send in a processing fee before you even get your card? Is it possiable to be denied credit after it already says that you are approved and you send in your fee? If this is how they do it, I would rather not use them. If I can get this card, is there any other card that I could get besides Credit one? I already have that one.

thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does Orchard Bank always....?

Best Buy Mastercard by HSBC

Capital One

Macys 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My exp is only 570. Cap One said that I had no preapprovals, and I'm black listed from Macy's most likely bc I have a charge off in late 05

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should check the preapproval for the regular HSBC and for the RZMC backed by HSBC. Those are fairly easy to get although I was denied both opened a credit one had it satisfactory for 2 months and then tried again and got both. So they like to see 1 positive CC open in my experience but its a preapproval and doesnt cost a hard inquiry so if denied no harm.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for an unsecured card, but do they always require you to send in a processing fee before you even get your card? Is it possiable to be denied credit after it already says that you are approved and you send in your fee? If this is how they do it, I would rather not use them. If I can get this card, is there any other card that I could get besides Credit one? I already have that one.

thanks!

I have 2 cards from Orchard. My first, which is now 4 years old, had no fee. The second, this year, did. Both have been good rebuilders.

CB

Message Edited by charliebrown1370 on 01-05-2010 07:27 PM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You should check the preapproval for the regular HSBC and for the RZMC backed by HSBC. Those are fairly easy to get although I was denied both opened a credit one had it satisfactory for 2 months and then tried again and got both. So they like to see 1 positive CC open in my experience but its a preapproval and doesnt cost a hard inquiry so if denied no harm.

If you go through their pre-approval process and it shows a card you are pre-approved for, at that point there has only been a soft inquiry on your credit report.  However, once you click and accept the pre-approved card you will get a hard inquiry.

And the kicker is that they can -- and often do -- decline you for the card they say they pre-approved you for.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you go through their pre-approval process and it shows a card you are pre-approved for, at that point there has only been a soft inquiry on your credit report.  However, once you click and accept the pre-approved card you will get a hard inquiry.

And the kicker is that they can -- and often do -- decline you for the card they say they pre-approved you for.

Check the application terms. The card I applied for stated that if I was not approved the fee would be returned.

CB

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I have used it three times 1 for an orchard, 1 for a HSBC, and 1 for the RZMC and they all were approved after the preapproval. It is a YMMV like anything else but the preapproval selector is the closest you will get without actually applying for a card to get an idea of what you may be approved for.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Check the application terms. The card I applied for stated that if I was not approved the fee would be returned.

CB

Sure, they have to refund the fee.  Too bad they don't refund the inquiry.  Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.