cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Penfed use the same HP within 30 days?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Does Penfed use the same HP within 30 days?

@dodgerslv wrote:

you should be good to go Ron. I got instantly approved when i opened my checking account last week. Still was one HP for both. Got approved for 22.5k without needed any other documentation and surprised since i have opened about 6 accounts this year already.

Thanks for your reply.  I recently got approved for the Promise card thru pre-approval. I am afraid I might get denied. Am I asking too much?

Ron.

Message 11 of 55
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I searched the old thread. Penfed changed from 90 days to 30 days policy for using the same HP.

link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PenFed-reusing-a-pull/m-p/1681350/highlight/true#M46667...

Ron.

Thats for the update.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I searched the old thread. Penfed changed from 90 days to 30 days policy for using the same HP.

link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PenFed-reusing-a-pull/m-p/1681350/highlight/true#M46667...

Ron.

Thats for the update.

Yes, that's what I found.

Ron.

Message 13 of 55
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

Thats for the update.

Ron.

Looks like Penfed is always changeing stuff Smiley Frustrated I've been with them 3 years this month

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

Thats for the update.

Ron.

Looks like Penfed is always changeing stuff Smiley Frustrated I've been with them 3 years this month

Yes, they do. Checking didn't come with overdraft protection when I joined.

Ron.

Message 15 of 55
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

Thats for the update.

Ron.

Ron.

Yeah it didn't come with OD protection either when i joined

Message 16 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was gonna post this in a new topic but it kind of fits here. 

My question is whether there is any disadvantage in applying for a second credit card from PenFed within a week after getting approved for a previous card? I just joined PenFed the other day to apply for their Amex, got approved for $5000 (yay!) and now I am thinking about getting their 5% cash rewards. 

Of course I know me getting it would decrease my AAoA but I am not too concerned about that. I have a very short credit history (2 years) so I figure better get more cards sooner rather than later. But asides from that I see absolutely no disadvantage. Is it possible that they may do a HP even though they just did one literally yesterday? 

Also somewhat unrelated question: Is it still the case (or was it ever really the case) that they don't allow new members to get a second credit card within one year? 

Thanks for any insights CC experts here. 

Message 17 of 55
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was gonna post this in a new topic but it kind of fits here. 

My question is whether there is any disadvantage in applying for a second credit card from PenFed within a week after getting approved for a previous card? I just joined PenFed the other day to apply for their Amex, got approved for $5000 (yay!) and now I am thinking about getting their 5% cash rewards. 

Of course I know me getting it would decrease my AAoA but I am not too concerned about that. I have a very short credit history (2 years) so I figure better get more cards sooner rather than later. But asides from that I see absolutely no disadvantage. Is it possible that they may do a HP even though they just did one literally yesterday? 

Also somewhat unrelated question: Is it still the case (or was it ever really the case) that they don't allow new members to get a second credit card within one year? 

Thanks for any insights CC experts here. 

It will be the same HP but the card is only good for gas if that's what you want

Message 18 of 55
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

Thats for the update.

Ron.

Ron.

Ron, Is this like NFCU'S Nav Check?..I have 50K in credit now with Penfed

Message 19 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

Ron.

Thats for the update.

Ron.

Ron.

Ron, Is this like NFCU'S Nav Check?..I have 50K in credit now with Penfed

Thanks! Nice to know. I am afraid. I might denied after I got approved yesterday.

Ron.

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.