cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Synchrony Bank do automatic CL Yes or No?

tag
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

Does Synchrony Bank do automatic CL Yes or No?

Have not had any issue in asking credit limit increase in $500, $1000 & $2000 incriments. I am just curious to know. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
crystal626
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Synchrony Bank do automatic CL Yes or No?

Yes. They gave me $1200 without asking last month, almost doubling my limit. 

Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AyaMai wrote:

Have not had any issue in asking credit limit increase in $500, $1000 & $2000 incriments. I am just curious to know. 

They do.

Plenty of data points in the Approvals forums.

Message 3 of 9
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

@crystal626 wrote:

Yes. They gave me $1200 without asking last month, almost doubling my limit. 

Congratulations. 

Message 4 of 9
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@AyaMai wrote:

They do.

Synchrony Bank has been good to me since my journey back two years ago to credit game after 10 years absence just paying cash for everything. I have PayPal Credit, PayPal Mastercard, Venmo, Sam's Club World Elite Mastercard, Amazon Prime Store Card, Google Store Financing, Synchrony Premier World Mastercard. I have the same number of open accounts with Amex. Do appreciate the time you take to to comment on my posts, once awhile giving me a wakeup call. 

Message 5 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@AyaMai wrote:

They do.

Yes, generally it's not "Yes or No?"  that matters.   It's more frequency.  So, Chase DOES give auto CLIs, perhaps especially once for those starting with a low limit.   But don't hold your breath waiting for one from Chase, I got one on my Amazon one after about 15 years.

And even more criticial: "Will I get one?"  but that's much harder to answer.

Message 6 of 9
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@AyaMai wrote:

They do.

Yes, generally it's not "Yes or No?"  that matters.   It's more frequency.  So, Chase DOES give auto CLIs, perhaps especially once for those starting with a low limit.   But don't hold your breath waiting for one from Chase, I got one on my Amazon one after about 15 years.

My first counter with Chase two years ago was applying for Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card was a disaster because they want me  to verify my identity, could not remember the address 10 years ago of my apartment which I moved to from another one in the same complex with a different address not apartment number. I get 5% back on Amazon with Amazon Prime Store Card through Synchrony Bank which pays my yearly membership fee. The Chase hard inquiry will be dropped off next month. 

Message 7 of 9
crystal626
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@AyaMai wrote:

They do.

I was kind of surprised to get one. I haven't been using the card all that much and it just turned 6 months old in December.

Message 8 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Generally any card that you put enough usage is going to give you CLI, unless its a rebuilder card.

With Sync CLI is SP, therefore you can request about every 6 months. No need to wait for auto CLI!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.