Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Uber upgrade to Visa Signature?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Uber upgrade to Visa Signature?

I have the Barclaycard Uber Visa. The limit is lower than $5k, as it was when opened. I'm considering taking the HP for a CLI, though would like to know if I get the $5k if I can get upgraded to Signature. Thank you!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Uber upgrade to Visa Signature?

Well, I know the Uber card comes in a Signature version because it says so on my card. I suspect that should you hit their mark you can request a new card and it'll be a Signature version. 

Message 2 of 25
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

The word "Signature" on your Visa card is there to make you feel good.  It doesn't represent any real benefits.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Nope not if you pass 5k as mine is 10k and isnt a signature auto approved for 4k and called and reconned to 10k and regular.  Does the same thing as the signature version though being the rewards Smiley Happy.. With that said they might upgrade it on their own in a year or whatever if they want a slightly higher swipe fee.. Also you can't request it to be upgrade either as been threads in the past where people have tried unsuccessfully and went as far as reapplying getting denied and asking for recon to be approved and then having their CL to be moved over then cancelling their non signature version for approval of signature.  Way to much trouble for me and an AAoA and HP hit although he certainly did it.

Message 4 of 25
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Mine started at $11k and is a Signature - not that I'll ever use any so-called benefits since I never have on any of my other ones. After checking I do actually have 2 non-signature Visa cards, my DCU  Platinum and my NFCU Platinum - both I got because they are "basic" cards with lower APR's - all the same, Signature/World Elite does not mean anything for me.  

Message 5 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you're just taking the HP to (maybe) get a Visa Signature, I would ask myself if it's really worth it? Is there a specific benefit you need and expect to use?

Barclay is notoriously finnicky about PCs/upgrades/etc and generally, it's not an easy task. As mentioned upthread, someone did cancel/reapply/etc to get the Signature version. To each their own but I wouldn't go through all that unless there is a benefit you really need. For the most part people talk about the benefits far more often than they actually use them.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card came as a signature. Limit over 5k but I can't see taking a HP just to get the word signature added. But definitely interested in finding out if OP is able to persuade Barclays.

Message 7 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Nope not if you pass 5k as mine is 10k and isnt a signature auto approved for 4k and called and reconned to 10k and regular.  Does the same thing as the signature version though being the rewards Smiley Happy.. With that said they might upgrade it on their own in a year or whatever if they want a slightly higher swipe fee.. Also you can't request it to be upgrade either as been threads in the past where people have tried unsuccessfully and went as far as reapplying getting denied and asking for recon to be approved and then having their CL to be moved over then cancelling their non signature version for approval of signature.  Way to much trouble for me and an AAoA and HP hit although he certainly did it.

+1   This OP.

Message 8 of 25
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I'm one of those people who have tried at least 4-5 different times to get the card upgraded to Signature till I gave up. When I applied, I received an auto-approval for $4k. Not being very happy with that, I called right away to recon the SL. I was bumped to $10k only a few minutes after being auto-approved. 

When I got the card in the mail, I noticed it wasn't a Signature card so I called to ask for an upgrade. Just about every time I've talked to a rep or supervisor, they had no clue there was a Signature version of the card. They all swore up and down that the card doesn't come as Signature. They'd put me on hold, transfer me to a supervisor who said the same thing. I kept telling them that many people have the Signature card, and they insisted there is no Signature version or have no clue how they got it. They said Barclays doesn't go by credit limits to generate the card type.

One rep even had the audacity to tell me that Signature cards are a privilege and customers get upgraded after they spend a good amount on the card. She said I'd have to spend $25k over the next year to be upgraded. That got me annoyed so I said to her, oh really? How is it that some people are getting approved for this card as Signature without having spent a dime yet? Of course, she had no good answer and I had no more patience for her.

Message 9 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Other than as a status symbol, there really isn't any point. And even then, someone would have to know what a signature visa is to be mildly impressed. You'd get a better response with an amex gold or platinum if that was a persons goal.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.