Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Victoria's Secret report AU?

tag
myfico5378
New Contributor

Does Victoria's Secret report AU?

My DH and I just recently got married and plan to buy a new home next year (if the market doesn't tank so much that we can't make a nice profit on both of our homes!).  I'm working on repairing his credit which was destroyed due to divorce.  He hasn't used any credit cards in 4 years since they were all charged off.  I found one store charge card on his report that happened to be his oldest TL (19 years) that showed inactive for the last 7 years!  We were able to log in to that store site and make a purchase with that card and have requested a replacement card.  So, I'm hoping that reactivating that account will help his score some.  I immediately made a payment after the purchase so that the amount reporting will be 9%. 

I'm hoping that he can get a little help by piggybacking on some of my accounts until (if) FICO 08 rolls out.  I only want to put him on cards that will have 0-9% utilization on them, which is my VS card right now.  I should have a couple of other cards with low util soon! 

So, does anyone know if Victoria's Secret reports authorized users?  For future reference, what about Household, Cap One, Hooter's, and Wamu?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myfico5378
New Contributor

Re: Does Victoria's Secret report AU?

P.S.  Does anyone know if JcPenney (Gemb) reports AU?  I'd like to get his 19 year history on my credit scores!  My oldest account is only 12 years old.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do know citibank reports AU to all CRAs. I would like to know what other companies report and to whom.
Message 3 of 5
USC08
Frequent Contributor

best buy
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Victoria's secret does not report AU as far as I know.  I added my husband to mine about 6 months ago and it hasn't ever reported.  ( I didn't think it would though since they didn't ask for a social security number and label him as an authorized buyer).  Cap One does report AU though - I think only to EQ and TU though.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.