cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a Business CC affect your personal Credit Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a Business CC affect your personal Credit Score?

Hello All,
I am so excited to have discovered this forum and all of this wonderful information. My question is I have a business cc with and a personal cc with WU. My util on the business card is around 50% and the personal card is around 40%. I plan on paying the personal card down below 10% util and will pay the business card down to about 25% for the month of July. My question is the business cc does not appear on my credit report, so I am wondering does it have any affect on my credit score, and if so how much.  Also, I have only one collection listed on my credit report dated from 9/2001, but then it says last reported activity is 2/2002, the collection is for 341.00 should I pay this or let it drop off, and if I do pay it, will it boost or hurt my score. I have heard that sometimes paying off old collections can hurt your credit, sounds crazy. Is this true?

Eq-678  TU-701  Exp-709
Hoping to get all scores over the 700 mark so I can be in the club!

Thank you

Message Edited by kewlgirl on 06-26-2008 01:57 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does a Business CC affect your personal Credit Score?

The business card does effect or show on your personal credit UNLESS you default on it. so pay your personal off before the business!

The collection, should be falling off soon, I wouldn't bother, you probably would not see a boost in score because it's so old.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does a Business CC affect your personal Credit Score?

Do you know of any reason why it the business cc does not appear on my credit report. Dang, I thought I was safeWoman Sad when I look at the companies business credit report I see a business credit rating for Dunn & Bradstreet, but it is not anywhere on the personal report and I pulled all three companies.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.