cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does an Amex Additional Card Member report as an AU?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Does an Amex Additional Card Member report as an AU?

Expecting someone has a quick answer for this one: I've never been an AU or ACM but as I understand it there's a notation for being an AU on the tradeline.

That said, Amex is an exception in that a new account number is generated, and the ACM doesn't inherit the base cardholder's history: it's a new tradeline.  Does it still have the Authorized User note on it, or does it report as a standard tradeline?

Thanks!

        
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does an Amex Additional Card Member report as an AU?

@Revelate wrote:

Expecting someone has a quick answer for this one: I've never been an AU or ACM but as I understand it there's a notation for being an AU on the tradeline.

That said, Amex is an exception in that a new account number is generated, and the ACM doesn't inherit the base cardholder's history: it's a new tradeline.  Does it still have the Authorized User note on it, or does it report as a standard tradeline?

Thanks!

Yep, AU 

Message 2 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks!

Yeap it shows as an AU.

If that person you are adding has an Amex account before, Amex may backdate the card MSD date. However, it's just a cosmetic backdate as the account opening date on the CRs doesn't change Smiley Sad

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the replies!

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.