cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody here have a Discover More card with a limit of more than $5,000?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anybody here have a Discover More card with a limit of more than $5,000?

@DI wrote:

My limit been at $4600 ever since June 2010. I opened my card July 2009.  Maybe they'll suprise me this July with a CLI. 

Who knows ... you never know ... if you get one and it reaches 5k, then post your cash advance limit here.

Message 11 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Does anybody here have a Discover More card with a limit of more than $5,000?

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

My limit been at $4600 ever since June 2010. I opened my card July 2009.  Maybe they'll suprise me this July with a CLI. 

Who knows ... you never know ... if you get one and it reaches 5k, then post your cash advance limit here.

My cash advance is currently at $2500.  I noticed last month they reactivated the

Deposit cash into your checking account, link. 

Message 12 of 21
Established Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

We've got a little bit of balance on each card waiting to cycle...I'm not sure if that affects the cash advance available.

Hi LynetteM,

Based on a conversation I had with a Discover CSR, your cash advance limit will not be affected by purchases provided your purchases do not exceed your CL up to the cash advance limit.

For example, if one had a total 10k CL and a 5k cash advance limit associated with that CL, one can purchase up to 5k before the cash advance limit will be negatively affected by the amount you purchase over 5k.

This answer is consistent with all of my CC's and with my Discover card statement experience.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plasticman wrote:

@LynetteM wrote:

We've got a little bit of balance on each card waiting to cycle...I'm not sure if that affects the cash advance available.

Hi LynetteM,

Based on a conversation I had with a Discover CSR, your cash advance limit will not be affected by purchases provided your purchases do not exceed your CL up to the cash advance limit.

For example, if one had a total 10k CL and a 5k cash advance limit associated with that CL, one can purchase up to 5k before the cash advance limit will be negatively affected by the amount you purchase over 5k.

This answer is consistent with all of my CC's and with my Discover card statement experience.

Thanks plasticman.

Message 14 of 21
smc733
Valued Contributor

My Dad has a $7,800 limit and a $3,800 CA limit.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2500 cash advance limit out of $7500 CL

Message 16 of 21
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

sigh.... i have 2500, but only get a lousy 300 as a cash advance limit. 6k right now with amex and only get 400 cash advance with them.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scottwagnon wrote:

sigh.... i have 2500, but only get a lousy 300 as a cash advance limit. 6k right now with amex and only get 400 cash advance with them.

scottwagnon,  how often do you use your Discover and Amex?  

I use Discover on Bonus category places, and I used to be using my Amex once a month to keep it on active.  And now, since I PCd to Blue Cash Everyday I began to use it more often.  I wonder it may be usage of card will determine the CA amount or not ~

400 is better than my 200 over 8k CL.   But I don't care ...  I"m not planning to take any Cash Advance on any of my CCs.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd probably never use a big bank credit card for a cash advance.  Too many fees, and they're skittish when you do things like that.  I shred the cash advance checks they send me immediately. 

But credit unions are a different story.  Many have no cash advance fees, and the cash advance limits are typically the entire credit limit, and the process couldn't be any easier.  So...if you have a 0% BT offer with no fees...it's like an interest free, no fee loan, other than the interest you pay for the few days the BT takes to complete.  I recently did this back in April with Navy's 0% no fee BT offer, using PSECU and Penfed to cash advance the money then BT'd it to Navy immediately.  I had no need for the $10k I took out from the cards, it's just sitting in a high yield checking account at LMCU earning 4% interest.

Message 19 of 21
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd probably never use a big bank credit card for a cash advance.  Too many fees, and they're skittish when you do things like that.  I shred the cash advance checks they send me immediately. 

But credit unions are a different story.  Many have no cash advance fees, and the cash advance limits are typically the entire credit limit, and the process couldn't be any easier.  So...if you have a 0% BT offer with no fees...it's like an interest free, no fee loan, other than the interest you pay for the few days the BT takes to complete.  I recently did this back in April with Navy's 0% no fee BT offer, using PSECU and Penfed to cash advance the money then BT'd it to Navy immediately.  I had no need for the $10k I took out from the cards, it's just sitting in a high yield checking account at LMCU earning 4% interest.

Arbitrage lives!!  Hooray!!  Smiley Very Happy

(You had to work a bit on that one, though, huh?...not like the old days...glad you found this one!)  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.