cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have LOWES Credit Card?

seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have LOWES Credit Card?

Question - can anyone with LOWES card (issued by Synchrony Bank) confirm if this card reports to CRAs as:

Lowes                       OR

Synchrony Bank

How does it appear on the credit report?

I know it has no relationship to scores but I have an application coming up that will require a manual review and I am debating whether to apply for this card. If it reports as Lowes, it may look bad on my credit report (for what I am applying).

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CommanderCody
Valued Member

Re: Does anyone have LOWES Credit Card?

Mine says syncb/lowes. Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 9
TheBrownDaredevil
Regular Contributor

Experian - SYNCB/LOWES 

Transunion - SYNCB/LOW 

Probably similar to Equiafax as well.. Don't access to it right now Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

Question - can anyone with LOWES card (issued by Synchrony Bank) confirm if this card reports to CRAs as:

Synchrony Bank

I know it has no relationship to scores but I have an application coming up that will require a manual review and I am debating whether to apply for this card. If it reports as Lowes, it may look bad on my credit report (for what I am applying).

Thanks!!

Why do you think it would look bad on your reports? And what are you applying for that gives you or them the impression that having "lowes" looks bad? 

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 4 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

Synchrony Bank

Thanks!!

Why do you think it would look bad on your reports? And what are you applying for that gives you or them the impression that having "lowes" looks bad? 

I figured they were looking to work for a competitor (like maybe the Orange store?)

I know there are some large companies that forbid the use of a competitor's product by employees.

RIP:

F8 EQ: 815 | EX: 801 | TU: 805 | Accounts: 1/6 3/12 7/24
Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 9
_NERD
Established Contributor

@calyx wrote:
I know there are some large companies that forbid the use of a competitor's product by employees.

Isn’t that illegal in the USA? 

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 6 of 9
Remedios

I figured OP is thinking *Store cards bad* or something along those lines 

Message 7 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

Synchrony Bank

Thanks!!

I figured they were looking to work for a competitor (like maybe the Orange store?)

If I were to repeat here what I would tell the CEO of any company that tried to enforce that rule on me UncleB would wash my mouth out with soap.

(4/2021)
FICO 8 (EX) 815 (TU) 822 (EQ) 808
FICO 9 (EX) 827 (TU) 826 (EQ) 832

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 9
longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@seattlecredit08 wrote:

Synchrony Bank

Thanks!!

If I were to repeat here what I would tell the CEO of any company that tried to enforce that rule on me UncleB would wash my mouth out with soap.

If you haven't joined yet:  "Thank you for your interest.   However, we have now filled the position.  We will keep your name on file for future opportunities"

If you are employed: "Unfortunately, we are having to make cutbacks and your position is impacted....."

i.e. they never have to say it, just act on it!    Giving money to a competitor (absent compelling reasons) means "not a team player".

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.