cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

tag
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Re: Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

@sweettea wrote:

I haven't been with PNC long enough to know all of their internal inner workings, but I absolutely love their Virtual Wallet. Even though their accounts won't be free come later this year, you can still have it for free if you meet the direct deposit or balance criteria.

As for credit cards, I saw an offer for their Points Visa and Cashbuilder Visa one time and I remember the banker who opened my account offered it to me as well. I think it was a promo, not a true pre-qualified offer however. I didn't bother to ask at the time.

It looks like they now have Travel Rewards cards. The Premier Traveler Visa Sig card has a $95 AF, but the first year is $0. The Premier Traveler Reserve Visa Sig card has a $395 AF and offers EMV chip and 2 points per $1 spent. More info on each card's page.

I HATE the virtual wallet thingy.  I find it clunky and useless.  It slows me down and makes it hard to get to the information I'm looking for. 

Message 31 of 35
biglilsteve
New Visitor

yellowcake wrote

I HATE the virtual wallet thingy.  I find it clunky and useless.  It slows me down and makes it hard to get to the information I'm looking for

Then your banker didn't do you any justice by explaining the Virtual Wallet.  It's very intuitive and gives you a better vision of your spending habits.  Even if you aren't a big fan of the calendar view of your account activity, you are always just one click away from viewing the "classic" listing of credits and debits against your account.  What information are you looking for that you can't find?

Message 32 of 35
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@yellowcake wrote:

@sweettea wrote:

I haven't been with PNC long enough to know all of their internal inner workings, but I absolutely love their Virtual Wallet. Even though their accounts won't be free come later this year, you can still have it for free if you meet the direct deposit or balance criteria.

As for credit cards, I saw an offer for their Points Visa and Cashbuilder Visa one time and I remember the banker who opened my account offered it to me as well. I think it was a promo, not a true pre-qualified offer however. I didn't bother to ask at the time.

It looks like they now have Travel Rewards cards. The Premier Traveler Visa Sig card has a $95 AF, but the first year is $0. The Premier Traveler Reserve Visa Sig card has a $395 AF and offers EMV chip and 2 points per $1 spent. More info on each card's page.

I HATE the virtual wallet thingy.  I find it clunky and useless.  It slows me down and makes it hard to get to the information I'm looking for. 

I didn't notice this before (no email notifications set up for me)... but I will say I am not sure how you're looking a the VW, but it's wonderful to me. I recommend it to anyone who is more of a visual person as opposed to numbers and line items of debits and credits. You log in right away and know when you've spent too much money, when pay day is, when bills are due to come out. It's actually set up to help you save money. You can set up future purchases at a specific date so you will be on track to meet those goals too. You can still see things in line item way of debits and credits as well. There's a lot of good features.... although they could add more themes, lol

Anyway, I don't know another bank that compares. USAA has a pretty good setup, but PNC's VW is by far the best to me. It's set up to actually help you save money. I can't say that about the big banks at all and I've banked with most of them at some point.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 33 of 35
Poki
Valued Member

I'm going to join in and say I didn't much care for Virtual Wallet. I still much prefer my Excel spreadsheet that I tailored and adjusted over the years.

I have all my checking/savings/credit card accounts listed, and I even have a "savings goal" feature; heck, I have 0% promotional financing listed (just my Samsung notebook) by how much I still owe and when the time runs out, credit card spreadsheets even have utilization % calculated. Does the math all on its own Smiley Happy

I don't mean to sound like I'm pushing, but just want to point out how powerful a good old fashion spreadsheet can be. I also like the fact that I have to input charges/credits/debits myself, which IMHO helps me realize where my money is going.

@sweettea wrote:

... I don't know another bank that compares. USAA has a pretty good setup, but PNC's VW is by far the best to me. It's set up to actually help you save money. I can't say that about the big banks at all and I've banked with most of them at some point.

haha.

I do feel like PNC is one of the better choices to pick among the big banks, at least when it comes to checking and bill pay. I no longer have my checking with theme, but I do have a savings account (needed a local bank for cash deposits). Their website is designed really nice, even when logged in. I like that they don't charge any ATM fees in my area, when I use my USAA checkcard.

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 34 of 35
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

The page is just too cluttered for my tatse -  all kinds of colorful graphs and things.  Doesn't do it for me.  Plus it's slow to load sometimes.  I just want to be able to log in, and look at my list of transactions without having to jumb through useless hoops. 

@sweettea wrote:

@yellowcake wrote:

@sweettea wrote:

I didn't notice this before (no email notifications set up for me)... but I will say I am not sure how you're looking a the VW, but it's wonderful to me. I recommend it to anyone who is more of a visual person as opposed to numbers and line items of debits and credits. You log in right away and know when you've spent too much money, when pay day is, when bills are due to come out. It's actually set up to help you save money. You can set up future purchases at a specific date so you will be on track to meet those goals too. You can still see things in line item way of debits and credits as well. There's a lot of good features.... although they could add more themes, lol

Anyway, I don't know another bank that compares. USAA has a pretty good setup, but PNC's VW is by far the best to me. It's set up to actually help you save money. I can't say that about the big banks at all and I've banked with most of them at some point.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.