cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have more than 3 BofA BBR cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have more than 3 BofA BBR cards?

Seems like it's getting rare seeing people with this card nowadays. And does anyone know the max amount of these cards allowed?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone have more than 3 BofA BBR cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems like it's getting rare seeing people with this card nowadays. And does anyone know the max amount of these cards allowed?

That's because BOA clamped down on the PCs to the card, although you see some stragglers still managing to get the PC accomplished. But people were abusing it and ending up with 4 or more of the cards.

As far as I know, there's no "official" maximum. You can have as many as they will approve you for based on your credit file.

If you want more, I'd probably go for it sooner than later. I don't see this card lasting forever. There have been rumors that it is on the chopping block for quite awhile now.

So the reason you see less people with it is that most people don't view $25 a quarter as being worth a cold app/AAOA ding/HP/etc. But it was a great deal for someone who PCd a useless card. Apping for it outright? Eh, not as exciting of a deal for the HP price. I would never cold apply and take an inquiry for this card, but to each their own.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know the maximum number of cards an individual is allowed to have, but I own a BoA BBR credit card. It was worth the hard pull for me because I wanted to expand my relationship with them and add another cash back credit card to my profile. I lost a few points, 3 or 4 (I think), but my scores will rebound without any problems. I applied and was approved last month to coincide with my CLI request for my cash rewards card. If the card meets a need for you and your credit profile supports it, then apply. I cold app'd. Most of the cards I own were cold apps. Please let us know what you decide. Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 BOA/AMEX cards and one BOA Cash card.   The maximum may be three and they move around your credit lines to get you approved for additional cards.   

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one, didn't realize people could get multiples.  I won't go for it because the deal isn't exactly insane. 

The bonus is nice.  I put my internet bill on it and pay it off after the statement cuts.  In a year I earn 100 dollars as opposed to the 5 I would earn on any 1% card (I don't have anything that would put out better than 1% unless you count Discover It and even then we're looking at 90 dollars more for using BBR. 

So it's pretty nice to me.  Not an insane amount of money, but consistent and extremely easy. 

Message 5 of 19
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

The problem as I see it, is that you have to allow a balance to report each quarter. Thats fine for one card, but for multiple cards that could affect your FICO score. If that matters to you.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't. But I would like to!

You would have to spend 555.56 a month on a capital one card to get $100 a year back. The fact that this card doesnt have a minimum....and keeps on giving year after year, makes it a slick deal for me.

They denied me though! Will try again in 6 months.

Message 7 of 19
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one, didn't realize people could get multiples.  I won't go for it because the deal isn't exactly insane. 

The bonus is nice.  I put my internet bill on it and pay it off after the statement cuts.  In a year I earn 100 dollars as opposed to the 5 I would earn on any 1% card (I don't have anything that would put out better than 1% unless you count Discover It and even then we're looking at 90 dollars more for using BBR. 

So it's pretty nice to me.  Not an insane amount of money, but consistent and extremely easy. 

I agree with you. I like having one for the free/easy money but I don't think I could be bothered to manage multiples (and as Themanwhocan pointed out, you have to allow each one to report a balance each month). I'm not a huge spender anyway so a few token purchases here and there plus Netflix works for one card but doing it for multiples would just drive me nuts. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I hadn't considered that. Most of my swipes are paid in 24-48 hours. Hope that doesnt hurt my chances of a CLI... I mean really would it matter whether a person paid weekly or monthly (excluding BBR)?

Message 9 of 19
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I tried to PC to a BBR but was unable to. Knowing I would take at least one HP to get it, but also knowing that the HPs would likely be consolidated at the end of the day, I paired three applications on the same day. None were instantly approved, and unfortunately when they manually reviewed the file they HP'd again, but I ended up with three new accounts and some net new credit line. I opted for the BBR, Cash Rewards Visa, and the MLB MC. The MLB MC uses the same 3-2-1 rewards program, but adds Mastercard Paypass, which some places still accept for contactless payments.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.