cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have more than 3 BofA BBR cards?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone have more than 3 BofA BBR cards?

Seeing that the BBR is a balance transfer card it makes sense for anyone using it for that purpose to only have one. It really serves no purpose for someone who PIF unless you wanna find loopholes for the $25
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
Seeing that the BBR is a balance transfer card it makes sense for anyone using it for that purpose to only have one. It really serves no purpose for someone who PIF unless you wanna find loopholes for the $25

I am currently using mine as a BT card. It just makes things much simpler for me. I do understand that would make some folks uncomfortable. If you're keeping the balances low in reference to the CL and your total CL it shouldn't have an impact to your scores. I know credit is not a one size fits so you have to see what your credit profile can tolerate.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

I am currently using mine as a BT card. It just makes things much simpler for me. I do understand that would make some folks uncomfortable. If you're keeping the balances low in reference to the CL and your total CL it shouldn't have an impact to your scores. I know credit is not a one size fits so you have to see what your credit profile can tolerate.

Isnt david ramsey the most anti credit card person in the world??!?!?!

Message 13 of 19
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I have 3 Cc Alaska signature, Cash signature rewards and a Business card. Boa is awesome!!
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have five BofA cards - 2 platinums, 2 travel and 1 Rewards. 

Message 15 of 19
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:
I have 3 Cc Alaska signature, Cash signature rewards and a Business card. Boa is awesome!!

I have several:

• AAA Visa (3% on pay-at-the-pump)
  • Interval International Visa
  • Cash Rewards MC
  • Cash Rewards Visa
  • MLB MC
  • and one BBR

The BBR is marketed as a balance transfer card, but some folks have become adept at placing small purchases and paying more than the minimum due, usually the full amount due, in order to not only avoid interest, but earn the extra $25 or $30 per quarter for paying more than the minimum due every month during the quarter.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the BBR card in March and I only put Hulu on it each month. That's $7.99 a month or $23.97 for the quarter. So I get $30 each quarter deposited into my BofA checking account and I net $6.03. It's not a lot, but Hulu is free.

Message 17 of 19
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

So has anyone applied for the BBR, got approved, then after some arbitrary amount of time apply (no PCs) again get approved or denied? The approval/denial data points for the BBR card would be helpful to this thread vs listing other BOA accounts.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:
So has anyone applied for the BBR, got approved, then after some arbitrary amount of time apply (no PCs) again get approved or denied? The approval/denial data points for the BBR card would be helpful to this thread vs listing other BOA accounts.

Yes! I was!

I applied for my first BBR at the beginning of August -- was initially denied but reconned to an approval ($2100 limi). As soon as I called in and activated my card and logged in online, I got a pop-up saying I was preapproved for another BBR! Sure enough, I applied and was approved for the second one ($1000 limit) after manual review, two weeks after my first approval.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.