cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have two BBVA Clear points CC's?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Does anyone have two BBVA Clear points CC's?

And if so, did they honor the SUB on the 2nd one?

I'm pre-qualified for both Clear Points and the 1.5% / 2% Cash rewards cards.

Just curious if anyone pulled the trigger, while already having the same CC?

I currently have a BBVA Amex and a BBVA Clear points CC.

Have some spend coming up and considered taking advantage of the SUB and 0% on purchases for 13 months.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone have two BBVA Clear points CC's?

A few people have them and no, no SUB for second cards even if it's another card type. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...  no SUB for second cards even if it's another card type. 

I recently got a 2nd SUB on a 2nd (different) BBVA card. 

Message 3 of 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

I have two BBVA ClearPoints cards and they only paid out a SUB on the first card. Regardless, I love having two 3% categories every quarter, especially since Walmart here codes everything as GROCERIES.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...  no SUB for second cards even if it's another card type. 

I recently got a 2nd SUB on a 2nd (different) BBVA card. 

Interesting. I know they don't pay it on ClearPoints twice but I was also told no SUB on second cards period. Gotta love BBVA's useless CSRs. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... but I was also told no SUB on second cards period ... 

Right -- CSRs say the darndest things! Smiley LOL It might be unfortunate, but this is not news. I don't know that need be an indictment on BBVA's customer service crew. I know I've had zero issues with them so far. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right -- CSRs say the darndest things! Smiley LOL It might be unfortunate, but this is not news. I don't know that need be an indictment on BBVA's customer service crew. I know I've had zero issues with them so far. 

I've had 4 phone calls with BBVA and none of them were what I would consider good customer service. I was given wrong information on every single call. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had 4 phone calls with BBVA and none of them were what I would consider good customer service. I was given wrong information on every single call. 

Yet you saw fit to quote one of them here, in this thread, as fact? Smiley Wink 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yet you saw fit to quote one of them here, in this thread, as fact? Smiley Wink 

Didn't realize the 4th call was misinfo until now. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Clearly a mistake. 

Keep in mind I already knew that JaseT didn't get a SUB for the second ClearPoints so it was not too much of a stretch to think that policy was applied to any subsequent card, not just the same one. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 9 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks guys for the info! I had a feeling I wouldn't get it on another Clear Points. That would suck if you can't on a totally different card though. lol

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.