cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone here have an American Eagle CC???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone here have an American Eagle CC???

I've wanted this card for years, but everytime I applied I was denied  because I wasn't managing my credit correctly. Well I stopped applying for quite some time and then decided to give it a go again tonight on their website. I guess since I'm in the process of whipping myself and my credit into shape (stopping useless inq's and paying down my debt) I was approved for whopping, get this, $150 CL. (edited). I mean, in AE what is that gonna get me? I pair a pair of undies and a belt? But I guess that part doesn't really matter, because I'm using this card purely for rebuilding my credit (as if I have any other choice with my current CL, lol.)

So... long story short, is there anyone here who has an AE card or any card through GEMB? How are they with CLIs? Generous? Stingy? Average?

Thanks in advance!!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-29-2008 05:30 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does anyone here have an American Eagle CC???

Stingy, but you can apply for one every 6 months.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had this card since 2005, and despite veryhigh Fico's, and high CL's on other cards, the AE card has NEVER grown with me. I still have the same 500 limit that they gave me when it was opened.
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

have you requested cli and been denied with those scores?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't figure out how to quote. I've never requested a CLI,  as I have enough available credit right now, and don't want an inquiry.I am just puzzled that despite heavy usage, it has never been increased automatically.
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Ishmael wrote:

I can't figure out how to quote.
First make sure that you click "reply" on the actual post that you want to quote.

To quote in IE, using the graphical editor: at the top of your text box, where you type your post, look at the tool bar and click the squared-off balloon with the lightning bolt (I know there's a better term; don't know what it is, though.) That's the quote function.

To quote in Firefox or in the html editor in IE, click "quote post" at the upper right of your text box, and the quote will pop up.

Whichever you do, and whether you're in IE or FF, before you post, please click the "Preview Post" at the bottom right of your message. This is especially important for IE graphical editor users, who can wind up posting yards and yards of white space. Smiley Tongue

edit because I forgot to quote PP's post, duh me

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-29-2008 11:26 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Kutie, I've had the GEMB Sams Discover since March. I was given an initial CL of $4200, which they automatically increased to $5200 the next month. I was approved for this with a 642 TU FICO at the time.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Sucks, I know, but GEMB is notorious for giving tiny CLs. I've had several store cards issued by GEMB in the past and they never grew with me. No CLIs whatsoever, but I didn't request any either. Needless to say, I no longer have any GEMB cards in my wallet and prefer to keep it like that.

Also, can we refrain from using the Lord's name in vain? Thanx,
Message 8 of 9
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

KeystoneKutie87 wrote:
I've wanted this card for years, but everytime I applied I was denied  because I wasn't managing my credit correctly. Well I stopped applying for quite some time and then decided to give it a go again tonight on their website. I guess since I'm in the process of whipping myself and my credit into shape (stopping useless inq's and paying down my debt) I was approved for whopping, get this, $150 CL. (edited). I mean, in AE what is that gonna get me? I pair a pair of undies and a belt? But I guess that part doesn't really matter, because I'm using this card purely for rebuilding my credit (as if I have any other choice with my current CL, lol.)

So... long story short, is there anyone here who has an AE card or any card through GEMB? How are they with CLIs? Generous? Stingy? Average?

Thanks in advance!!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-29-2008 05:30 PM

What was your credit score if you don't mind me asking?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.