cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the highest limit of the Fidelity Rewards Visa? (Elan)

tag
CashOutReFi
New Contributor

Does anyone know the highest limit of the Fidelity Rewards Visa? (Elan)

I currently hold the Visa Signature with a $25k limit. Is this the program's upper limit, or is there more to be had? 

24 REPLIES 24
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone know the highest limit of the Fidelity Rewards Visa? (Elan)

@CashOutReFi wrote:

I currently hold the Visa Signature with a $25k limit. Is this the program's upper limit, or is there more to be had? 

Unlike some lenders, I don't believe that card has a pre-defined upper limit @CashOutReFi.   It's profile and spend dependent. However, I'm not sure we've had anyone report trying to push it to $30K or higher.  I didn't recall any and a quick search of forum archives for higher CLIs didn't yield higher reported limited.  

The upper starting limit I've seen reported on this and other Elan cards seems to be around that $25K level.  Similar to affilate US Bank cards, I believe they normally require regular usage to grow.  With heavy usage and the right profile, I would imagine the sky is the limit. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 2 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@CashOutReFi wrote:

Unlike some lenders, I don't believe that card has a pre-defined upper limit @CashOutReFi.   It's profile and spend dependent. However, I'm not sure we've had anyone report trying to push it to $30K or higher.  I didn't recall any and a quick search of forum archives for higher CLIs didn't yield higher reported limited.  

The upper starting limit I've seen reported on this and other Elan cards seems to be around that $25K level.  Similar to affilate US Bank cards, I believe they normally require regular usage to grow.  With heavy usage and the right profile, I would imagine the sky is the limit. 

Right, and since they are offering this as a 3% card for those with $2M+ under management, I would expect $25K would be too low for a maximum limit.   (Mine is $25K but since it is hardly used, I can't justify asking for a CLI as a test!)

Message 3 of 25
CashOutReFi
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@CashOutReFi wrote:

Right, and since they are offering this as a 3% card for those with $2M+ under management, I would expect $25K would be too low for a maximum limit.   (Mine is $25K but since it is hardly used, I can't justify asking for a CLI as a test!)

I could not find any reports of higher limits searching this forum, either. 

Rare enough to find people with $2M in assets in any one place, let alone Fidelity and ONLY in qualifying (taxable) brokerage accounts. 

I don't imagine there being too many people getting 3%, but I'm happy for the ones that do.I have seen one user remark that "keeping all that money parked isn't worth the extra cash back". IMHO each brokerage has their own brand of similar (enough) funds. Fidelity offers a nice fund selection. 

Message 4 of 25
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

While I'm sure there must be some over-25k's out there, my own DP is that I was hit with a TU HP and denial attempting to request a cli about a year and a half ago. I approached the cli process like I would for US Bank cards and waited for the right "scheduled"  moment, but a no go. SL and current limit still 25k. This is why I won't go for any more spins on my GO card, also at 25k. Wondering if anyone has any Elan or US Bank cards aver 25k, not including the AR, as that may be an indicator of potential for the Fidelity card.

Message 5 of 25
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

While I'm sure there must be some over-25k's out there, my own DP is that I was hit with a TU HP and denial attempting to request a cli about a year and a half ago. I approached the cli process like I would for US Bank cards and waited for the right "scheduled"  moment, but a no go. SL and current limit still 25k. This is why I won't go for any more spins on my GO card, also at 25k. Wondering if anyone has any Elan or US Bank cards aver 25k, not including the AR, as that may be an indicator of potential for the Fidelity card.

Good points @PullingMeSoftly.  My own observations are that US Bank cards (appear) to me as an outsider to start with modest limits relative to profile and to require moderate to heavy spend for growth.  And as you pointed out, while there are exceptions primarily on the Altitude Reserve going to the high five-digit realm (in particular simplynoir $96K), for the most part their cards seem to stay in the low five-digits.   This makes me wonder, though.  Is the apparent lack of growth related to not putting heavy enough spend on the cards relative to limit?  How much monthly/annual spend was your FR card gettting?  Likewise, I wonder if the spend is only part of their formula but they are also more sensitive to income/debt-to-income considerations than other major national banks with the same profile and relative spend?   This is all just subjecture but interesting conversation.    For a lender of their size, if $25K is a sort-of glass ceiling per card barring special circumstances, that seems to be on the low side if spending metrics would warrant something higher.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 6 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CashOutReFi wrote:

Rare enough to find people with $2M in assets in any one place, let alone Fidelity and ONLY in qualifying (taxable) brokerage accounts. 

I don't think it has to be taxable brokerage, it could be a managed IRA AFAIK.   I confess to being one of those with $2M+ (mainly trad IRA, so pre-tax) at Fidelity, but I don't pay them to manage it so no 3% Fidelity card for me

Message 7 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Rules are meant to be broken as stated before.  Have my best friend with account with BCU.  Initially I think their auto loan granted not CC loan was capped around 150 or was it 200k.. Needless to say he has over a 300K auto loan through them as a partner or Deloitte or shall I say several of those type loans initially they said no, until they say his financial. Just like him and key bank and the wealth management, etc.  I highly doubt fidelity has a cap especially when one can invest alot of assets with them where 25k would be honestly chump change to alot of people of significant assets with Merrill, fidelity, or any wealth management type of place.  Now the don't question him anymore and just ask what he wants and approves him.  Honestly kinda crazy

Message 8 of 25
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CashOutReFi wrote:

I don't think it has to be taxable brokerage, it could be a managed IRA AFAIK.   I confess to being one of those with $2M+ (mainly trad IRA, so pre-tax) at Fidelity, but I don't pay them to manage it so no 3% Fidelity card for me

AUM fees can make a Centurion look like a bargain.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 25
cyberbuilder

My credit limit is currently at $29,400, and this is my go-to card. Not past $1mm AUM with them, only earning 2%, had the card for about 18 years.

I enjoy sign up bonuses and that new card feeling.✌️

Authorized User on these cards

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.