cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the highest limit of the Fidelity Rewards Visa? (Elan)

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Does anyone know the highest limit of the Fidelity Rewards Visa? (Elan)

@iced wrote:

You're only charged management fees if you park money in actively managed funds (Fidelity Private Client Group), 

I am apparently part of the Private Client Group but with no actively managed funds.  They do keep sending me emails offering to help though!

So you are getting free Financial Planning via the taxable account?  Sounds good.

Message 21 of 25
iced
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@iced wrote:

You're only charged management fees if you park money in actively managed funds (Fidelity Private Client Group), 

I am apparently part of the Private Client Group but with no actively managed funds.  They do keep sending me emails offering to help though!

So you are getting free Financial Planning via the taxable account?  Sounds good.

Are you Private Client Group or Fidelity Premium Services? The former is managed funds, the latter is the one giving the benefits to me.

Message 22 of 25
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I remember getting invited (or, technically, showing up with the invitation they sent to my frail father) to what was supposed to be a small, private, catered event at an otherwise mass public investment conference with Joe Terranova from the show Fast Money giving a presentation and answering questions.

It ended up being gatecrashed by hundreds of random people and Fidelity didn't refuse anyone entry. I got to ask one question but didn't get any of the food.

Access to IPOs could be good...but are the good ones usually monopolized by investment bank clients with more money?

As someone who has been involved in settling a complicated estate in recent years, I'm dubious of the value of the opinion of an attorney who hasn't actually read the underlying documents. But if planning an estate that isn't too complicated, then that certainly would have value.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 23 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@iced wrote:

Are you Private Client Group or Fidelity Premium Services? The former is managed funds, the latter is the one giving the benefits to me.

Apparently Private Client Group, without management though!

Screenshot 2022-09-09 125331.jpg

Message 24 of 25
iced
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I remember getting invited (or, technically, showing up with the invitation they sent to my frail father) to what was supposed to be a small, private, catered event at an otherwise mass public investment conference with Joe Terranova from the show Fast Money giving a presentation and answering questions.

It ended up being gatecrashed by hundreds of random people and Fidelity didn't refuse anyone entry. I got to ask one question but didn't get any of the food.

Access to IPOs could be good...but are the good ones usually monopolized by investment bank clients with more money?

As someone who has been involved in settling a complicated estate in recent years, I'm dubious of the value of the opinion of an attorney who hasn't actually read the underlying documents. But if planning an estate that isn't too complicated, then that certainly would have value.

I don't tend to do the Webinars either. I know they had one with Ben Bernanke not too long ago, but I assume most people get access to those. I'm more interested in information and feedback specific to my portfolio, not general information about the market as a whole.

The nice thing about being Fidelity is they're one of the big institutional players who can leverage their way into the juicier IPOs. My experience has been they hold back the more anticipated ones for clients with bigger portfolios, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some that are consumed by the $10m+ portfolios before they trickle down to my tier. Having said that, there's still a surprising number that make their way all the way to little old me; it's usually one every couple weeks or so (most are an additional equity offering by an existing company through the IPO process, but some are also true IPOs).

They won't write the wills for you of course; that's what having a dedicated estate planner is for. But they will work with your attorney to do the backend translations that I could mess up, so that specific flavor of trust that my attorney says I need is in fact what is actually created  for me.

@longtimelurker wrote:

@iced wrote:

Apparently Private Client Group, without management though!

Screenshot 2022-09-09 125331.jpg

Always wondered what that one looked like. FPS, for comparison (lots of redaction, but there's a person's name, picture, their direct line/extension, plus a different 800 number at the bottom just in case):

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 2.22.37 PM.png

And with that, we're probably getting a little too OT here.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.