cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when these cards report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when these cards report?

Trying to figure out when to pull my scores again- when they do report, it should bring my score up a bit since I brought my util down from 87% to 43%. Im hoping for a nice 30 point jump Smiley Wink so I can app for a chase

BOA
Citi
Macy's

And just for knowledge on dh's
Hooters
Cap One
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone know when these cards report?

Cap One usually posts the same day as they cut your statement from what Ive seen.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

is that the closing date on the statement or the day your payment is due?
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think that all of those that you listed report the night of your statement date or the next day. I know that this is true of my BofA and Citi cards. The mystery is when the CRA's update.

It seems like about 80% of us here find that EX updates immediately, within 24 hours of the statement dropping, then EQ 2-3 days later, and then TU 3-4 days after EQ. The rest of us report EQ first, then TU and EX. But depending on the phase of the moon and other imponderables, this can change. That's what we have so many TrueCredit, CreditSecure, etc junkies here.

AmEx seems to update 2-3 days before the next statement, and they report the previous month's balance. So mine updated on 6/14, and they reported the 5/18 statement balance.

HSBC/Orchard reports on the last business day of the month, and they report the balance as of that day. BUT I have an HSBC Best Buy store card, and it reports a day or two after the statement date, so maybe the end-of-the-month schedule is for their bank cards.

Nothing is simple. Smiley Tongue

edit to add: Statement date means the day that it is posted. The due date follows 3 weeks or so later.

Statement date = post date = drop date = date that's printed on the statement. Look at your "view statements" option online, and click the drop-down. It will probably say something like 6/2/08 - 5/3/08 - 4/3/08 - 3/4/08 and so forth.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-24-2008 06:00 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm guessing I'll wait until the end of July since most of my inquiries will drop off- I'm just excited to see what type of bump I'll get Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've went through and figured out that one of my boa cards doesn't report until about the 16th- giving me plenty of time to bring it down some more before it goes on the report! My other BOA is on the 5th giving me time to pay the groceries I put on it this weekend and my Citi reports about the 6th. I just hope the bt goes through AFTER they post and not in the middle- With my luck, it will post to my crs @ boa with the post-bt and citi with the old pre-bt balance
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has taken 4 months for me to kinda/sorta understand AMEX's reporting process.  I've been PIF every month, but I just can't get it to work right... I've decided pay them a couple times per month and call it a day!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

esshua wrote:
It has taken 4 months for me to kinda/sorta understand AMEX's reporting process.  I've been PIF every month, but I just can't get it to work right... I've decided pay them a couple times per month and call it a day!

They report statement balances, but not until about 3.5 weeks after the statement.  To control the amount they report, just make sure your statement balance is $0, and it will eventually report, even if it takes a while to show up.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.