cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does banking at the CCC really help your odds?

tag
aftermath
Established Contributor

Does banking at the CCC really help your odds?

For example, if I opened up a checking account at BofA, will my odds of being approved for a BofA credit card be more likely?
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does banking at the CCC really help your odds?

I think a lender would look @  this a plus I can"t say for sure how much weight it carries but on the other hand it can"t hurtwink smiley having other accts with the same company. GL to ya hope this helps
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might look at that in a manual review, and factor it in during a recon, but the computer review just looks at your credit history.
Message 3 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Other Banks may be yes. With BOA no. I have all kinds of accounts with BOA.  I have 2 Cards from Citi each with over $15k CL.  All BOA would offer me is a secured card. Worst of all you can not talk to the people at Branch as they do not make decisions. I gave up trying with BOA.
Message 4 of 14
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I was denied by B of A for a credit card 5, count 'em FIVE times in the last year.  I opened an online My Access checking account and when I called and got the info after I got the approval e-mail, they lady told me I was approved for the checking account AND the Platinum Plus Visa with a $2000 CL.  If you ask me, I'd say it helps as long as you don't have baddies and your scores are above 630. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at B of A
Message 6 of 14
heirophant
Established Contributor

I have been banking with Wells Fargo for 4 years....and I have 4 denials for a CC.  I'm not trying with them until 2012 when all of my baddies are off of my report.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 7 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Yes! I had bad credit then no credit.  I had a checking account with my bank for about 6 years when I applied. My bank was the only one who would help me establish credit. They gave me an unsecured Visa with a 2K limit.
Message 8 of 14
aftermath
Established Contributor

@unknown_entity wrote:
I was denied by B of A for a credit card 5, count 'em FIVE times in the last year. I opened an online My Access checking account and when I called and got the info after I got the approval e-mail, they lady told me I was approved for the checking account AND the Platinum Plus Visa with a $2000 CL. If you ask me, I'd say it helps as long as you don't have baddies and your scores are above 630.

they offered you a credit card with your checking account application? Did they pull your credit report when you applied for the checking account or something?
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 9 of 14
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yes they pulled CR for checking account.  Just a week after my last denial with them...lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.